• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This goes out to Hokie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, you got 4.85 GHz out of that thing?? Impressive!

I had honestly forgotten all about that. Congrats on the excellent clocks though, looks like it went to the right person.

LGA775 was the first socket I overclocked. There have been many since, but that will always hold a special place in my heart. Heck, I prefer clocking that to these chips today; it's bin-till-you-get-the-best-multi-chip now-a-days. Back then it was both harder to overclock and more fun because you had no idea what you could get. :)

I have to agree with you there. The 775 platform is a ton o fun. I still have to get my head around some of the voltage settings and signs of when what is needed but I'm slowly getting there

I have to agree with you there. The 775 platform is a ton o fun.

It sure is

I still have to get my head around some of the voltage settings and signs of when what is needed but I'm slowly getting there

You have it simple with that Rampage Formula and it's ami bios. If you had an abit board you'd be running for the hills. haha :p
There is a reason why they used to say "make like an abit motherboard and stop posting"

But you do get cool stuff like this.
View attachment 174602

Last edited:
Back