• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msi Afterburner android app.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

laci90

Registered
Hi, so i installed msi app on my phone(huawei ascend y540) and remote control on my pc i noticed that i can use it only with my local wifi how can i use with my 3G mobile data?

I have zero experience with the Afterburner app, but my instinct tells me you can't. It probably uses protocols similar to things like the Google Chromecast. It's a whole lot cheaper to make an application that listens for appropriate signals locally. To make something work over the internet like that, they would have to make (and maintain) a server specifically to facilitate people logging in and communicating with their computers.

There would be no RoI for that kind of thing, as nobody would pay for it; and I'd guess very few people would even want to overclock their computers without being present to see the results.

Back