• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next Gen GPU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I expect, as is typical, for these midrange releases to be somewhere around their single GPU flagship as far as performance goes. The flagship cards, due out months later, will be the ones that could sniff the 50% improvements.

I'd be less surprised at them aiming for 10%-20% faster than the "other guy" at the same price points. nVidia seems to follow that strategy. They like to drag out "improvements" over as long a life cycle as possible by just staying a little ahead. It's a sound strategy. They probably keep R&D costs down by not constantly looking to nuke Team Red , and with incremental releases (Ti , etc) they keep their products ahead and on the front pages and in new reviews longer/more often , getting free advertising through exposure. Given their market share , I'd say it works.

Do you think Intel follows this same strategy? Although at this point, they have no real competition from a performance perspective at all.

Do you think Intel follows this same strategy? Although at this point, they have no real competition from a performance perspective at all.

They may have invented it. LOL We'll see what Zen does , but Intel hasn't had any reason to introduce big performance gains. I think the average consumer is just fine with a Sandy Bridge chip today. Heck , if all you do is web surf , email , and Google maps , a Wolfdale wouldn't be much of a detriment. :)

To get back on topic , I received an email relevant to the discussion. It will be 6:00 AM my time , but I signed up. Should be interesting. :thup:

Previous messageNext messageBack to messages
[Webinar] Introducing the Radeon™ Pro Duo and an exclusive update‏
[Webinar] Introducing the Radeon™ Pro Duo and an exclusive update
Actions

AMD Meet The Experts
5:01 AM
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
Newsletters
To:
[email protected]

Join Us - Meet The Experts - April 27, 2016
This message contains graphics. If you do not see the graphics, view the Web Version
Register Now to Meet The Experts

Dear L,
In the past, many developers and working professionals had to decide between the Radeon™ graphics cards for gaming or AMD FirePro™ graphics for content creation, even when they needed both.

Join us as Victor Camardo, Radeon™ Product Manager, introduces the Radeon™ Pro Duo, a powerful merging of AMD FirePro™ and Radeon™ capabilities into a single graphics card specifically designed for gamers who create and creators who game.

Plus! Don Woligroski, AMD Product Marketing Manager, will provide an update on the AMD processors now available with AMD Near-Silent Thermal Solutions, like the popular AMD Wraith Cooler.

What you’ll learn:
- The benefits and features of the Radeon™ Pro Duo graphics card
- DirectX® 12 advantages for VR and Gamers
- An update on AMD Near-Silent Thermal Solutions

Reserve your spot today and connect with our experts

WEBINAR DETAILS ◢
MEET THE EXPERTS – APRIL

EUROPE, AFRICA AND AMERICAS*
DATE: April 27, 2016 9 A.M.[GMT-5]

EST – 10 AM ART – 11 AM
BST – 3 PM GMT – 2 PM
SAST – 4 PM IST – 7:30 PM

DURATION: 30 minutes

LANGUAGE: English

* Please note date and time are in [GMT-5].

REGISTER NOW ◢

Carolina Castano
Channel Enablement
Manager – Channel Marketing

Don Woligroski
Product Marketing Manager

Victor Camardo
Product Manager – Radeon Graphics

See you there!
AMD PARTNER TRAINING
Visit the AMD Partner Hub for for the latest sales tools and marketing material.

©2016 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are used for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., One AMD Place, P.O. Box 3453, Sunnyvale, California 94088-3453 USA
AMD Home page | Copyright 2016 | Privacy | Cookie Policy | Trademark Info
This message is intended for
You may at anytime update your message preferences or unsubscribe from any future mailings.

Too many newsletters? You can unsubscribe.

Back