• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What? My Sabertooth 990FX R 2.0 seems to have a low temp limit!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That really is odd. Did you check you BIOS settings?

I've pushed mine higher than that before and it never shut down... :shrug:

Well, I'm going to, LOL. It just frustrates me that AMD seemingly wants to be secretive about the max temp!

It comes across as finicky, similar to like I expect with a 970 with only 4 phases!

I'm with Silver, i know it has a higher limit than that. AMD will tell you the max if you use AMD OD. The way I understand it , it's slightly different for each FX chip.

Well, I'm going to, LOL. It just frustrates me that AMD seemingly wants to be secretive about the max temp!

It comes across as finicky, similar to like I expect with a 970 with only 4 phases!

I'm with Silver, i know it has a higher limit than that. AMD will tell you the max if you use AMD OD. The way I understand it , it's slightly different for each FX chip.
Coretemp will say different max temps too. In my case, my FX6300 is "allowed" up to 90C. Where as a simple google search gave me pics of other FX 6300's with max temps from 75C to 80C....

Either way, 70c socket, 62c package is safe. Why your Saberkitty says otherwise remains to be seen.

I am 100% certain that this can be disabled in bios and still keep the high temp shutdown feature. Yesterday while refilling my loop my cpu initiated a thermal shutdown and I have run my chip at up to like 86C core temps before.

Back