• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i have a new build and am having trouble with bottleneck, help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you realize that you're running overclocked and have you stress tested it to see if it's stable?

This is what I'd do, restart the Pc, go into the BIOS and hit F5 to revert to default settings. Then go into the Extreme Tweaker tab in the BIOS and see if Cpu Bus frequency is at 200 Mhz, If not manually set it there. Once you're done restart the Pc and post a screen shot of Cpu-Z, Cpu , Memory and spd tabs again just we can see if everything is set correctly.

One thing I do want to inform you on just to give you an idea where my head is. You have 2133 Mhz ram and it's running at the 1600 Mhz divider. I have not asked you to change this yet, which we will, because these Fx chips can be a bit funny sometimes when trying to run at or above 1866. I want to make sure the Pc is running correctly before we try to 1. Oc and 2. run the Dram at specified speeds. Both can cause instability and make it harder to see if the solutions we are trying will have the rig running the way you want.

This is what I'd do, restart the Pc, go into the BIOS and hit F5 to revert to default settings. Then go into the Extreme Tweaker tab in the BIOS and see if Cpu Bus frequency is at 200 Mhz, If not manually set it there. Once you're done restart the Pc and post a screen shot of Cpu-Z, Cpu , Memory and spd tabs again just we can see if everything is set correctly.

One thing I do want to inform you on just to give you an idea where my head is. You have 2133 Mhz ram and it's running at the 1600 Mhz divider. I have not asked you to change this yet, which we will, because these Fx chips can be a bit funny sometimes when trying to run at or above 1866. I want to make sure the Pc is running correctly before we try to 1. Oc and 2. run the Dram at specified speeds. Both can cause instability and make it harder to see if the solutions we are trying will have the rig running the way you want.
ok. give me a sec

Ok looks good, Nb frequency should be at 2200 Mhz but it's not going to harm anything running it 2000. Leave it like this and when you get the SSD lets see how it runs. If it seems to be running correctly we can tackle raising the Dram frequency and Overclocking it.

Ok looks good, Nb frequency should be at 2200 Mhz but it's not going to harm anything running it 2000. Leave it like this and when you get the SSD lets see how it runs. If it seems to be running correctly we can tackle raising the Dram frequency and Overclocking it.
ok, thanks

ok, thanks

ssd came in last night. i will put fresh os on it and begin this weekend. has anyone had any luck running linux mint? should i stick with win 7 64 bit? if i get everything where i want it, i plan on getting another ssd for one or the other os. linux is fast but i always seem to have problems with it. i think i will run one os on each ssd and see what happens. i will put win 7 64 bit on this first one. am still trying to decide if i will use any updates other than the important ones. seems it always ends up slowing it down with the constant updates.

I'm no expert with Linux, I have used ubuntu but cannot say anything more then I've used it.

If you're comfortable with basically relearning everything you thought you knew about computers, Linux is a very rewarding OS. You can tear it down and rebuild it as many times and ways as you want, with a ton of different GUI environments to choose from. But the curve is steep.

Shouldn't have to, everything is running stock, correct? Just verify that your SATA controller is running in AHCI mode, and plug it in.

ok, tried to install ssd. it is a nogo at this station. bios has achi enabled, still nothing. not even showing. tried the hotswap dock, still a nogo. what gives?

You have to format the drive in order for it to show. I use system rescue CD booted from a flash drive to format my drives in gparted.

it shows no where. not in bios or if i try to add it to hotswap box after start up.

- - - Updated - - -

i have tried it on an internal hook up and on the external hotswap connection. still nothing.

Back