• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello's and goodbyes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dark bishop

Hello all

It's been quite a while since I last came by, hope everyone is still doing well and folding hard searching for the cure.

I am sad to inform the team that unfortunately the cure hasn't been found yet and my father passed away in 2014 to pancreatic cancer.

Keep chugging away at the science boys and girls, we'll get there eventually.

Thanks for checking in. We look forward to your participation when you can.

Sorry to hear about your loss. He will be another reason to keep on folding!

I've actually got a 750ti from when I was playing with crypto mining. What program should I be using, standard folding client? SMP? I'm trying to remember all the others we used to use.

I've actually got a 750ti from when I was playing with crypto mining. What program should I be using, standard folding client? SMP? I'm trying to remember all the others we used to use.

The V7 client handles SMP and GPU. You can get somewhat more points if you run an Nvidia card on Linux, but I'm not sure if it is worth it with a 750ti. Someone else will have to chime in, but for a 970, it is worth it.

Make sure to leave a core or two free on the CPU for the GPU to use.

If you are going to run more than 1 card on a machine, I'd leave the CPU off entirely and only fold on the GPUs.

Sorry to hear that to DB, I lost a sister to Breast-C that became Brain-C.
I started folding again this winter as I do once a year but my low speed DSL is not making it back home before the 15 minutes are up.
I'll give CPU time for all of US when my rusty DSL pipe can take it.

Thanks for the sentiment guys, When I first started doing this I just thought I would be helping out a good cause, I never thought I was actually going to be helping someone in my family. Folding on my 1090T overclocked right now, 750ti was throwing an error. Are dummy monitors still a needed thing?

Thanks for the sentiment guys, When I first started doing this I just thought I would be helping out a good cause, I never thought I was actually going to be helping someone in my family. Folding on my 1090T overclocked right now, 750ti was throwing an error. Are dummy monitors still a needed thing?

Depends actually. I needed one for my 7850 when my 270x was in the top slot driving the monitor.

Sorry to hear about your dad, dark bishop. I lost a friend to pancreatic cancer a few years ago. I hope we'll get there soon, or at least have some reasonable treatment like we do for many other cancers.

Back