• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED What Micro SD card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

How's it going guys, I recently bought a new Droid phone and as usual passed over the SD card from the old one to the new one. I have done this a few times and honestly can't remember how old this
SD card is. It's a Samsung brand card from one of my old Samsung phones. The new phone gave me a message recently about my SD card being too slow and affecting performance. So my question is what's a good SD card to get now to replace this aging one? All the apps on the card currently run VERY slow and hang up most of the time.

Thanks for the help :thup:

Last edited:
Thanks ED I will read up, not my forte either completely lost when it comes to this stuff but this is really locking up my phone right now and it's a pain to say the least :thup:

Just one thing which I wanted to add. Most tablets/smartphones have micro SD reader which can't make more than ~20MB/s. I'm curious how high it will run on your device.
On the other hand most laptops have SD readers connected to USB 2.0. I'm testing all SD cards on USB 3.0 readers as built-in can't even reach 30MB/s.

I have a moto G gen 3 three have no clue on the speeds. We shall see how it works tomorrow when it arrives :shrug:

Right now I'm fighting with this POS Parvum case for my wifes build........

I'm usually buying these at work as price/performance is really good for most needs. Faster cards are better probably only for cameras.

Got the new card in today and man it's like a different phone.

Thanks for the help Earth Dog :thup:

Back