• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

testing out friend's 6700k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dopemoney

Registered
been running Prime95 for couple hours now, things sure seem good and i have another project to get to. running at 4.4ghz and vcore staying between 1.274 - 1.325. max temps 79 - 85C. i know guys that render and fold and all that jazz that want to run Prime for 2 days, but my buddy is just going to be gaming for 4-6hrs a day. i am looking for anyone to say that it "should" be ok to run these settings for 24/7.View attachment IMAG00747.pdf

he runs same as me, H55. i have hit 85C in my own tests, but after 6+ hrs and at 4.5. for our cpus I think staying under 90 is key. i see you run at 4.6, how hot do you get under full load?

he runs same as me, H55. i have hit 85C in my own tests, but after 6+ hrs and at 4.5. for our cpus I think staying under 90 is key. i see you run at 4.6, how hot do you get under full load?

I've not seen it higher than about 72c @4.6. 80c when I was trying 4.8 but I couldn't get it stable on prime95 so I gave in and dropped it to 4.6. I got it stable at 4.7 but I always drop it about 100mhz below stable to be safe.

i presume you have a higher-end custom water setup (i am not familiar with EK Supremacy). 72 is [email protected]. thanks for your input. i think he's good with his particular chip as long as he doesn't try to push past 4.4. seeing your temps though make me think about upgrading my own rig with a custom loop. alas, i only just built my rig and my wife would loose it if i tried it anytime soon. :) ill give it time.

Yes I have a full custom cooling system and I totally feel you on the significant other freaking out about my rig. She finally just gave in and decided that it was better than me spending money/time on other things lol

myndlessdayz has also 4x180 rads so that's a big difference if you compare it to more standard AIO.
Personally I can't see difference between 2 rads and anything more on these chips. I guess that good pump and 2 rads is enough for everything. At least for tests I have custom 2x360 rad build and I barely see difference between that and Cryorig A80 AIO which has single 280 rad. It's one of the highest available AIO but still rad surface isn't so big comparing to custom build.
In my daily/itx pc I have 6700K cooled by custom wc with single 240 rad which works for CPU and GTX960. CPU is at 1.25V and temps under load are never much above 70-80*C ( 82 or something was max when I was testing CPU or mixed CPU+GPU ).

Back