• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans the hard decision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

What fans are you guys using ?
Anyone is using Gentle typhoons still I know they used to be very popular for low noise systems. The store I buy my Wc gear has a big supply on them in all black (fits my color scheme) in a few versions 2100 rpm 1850 rpm and 1400rpm they are all pwm versions . Do these suffer from the pwm clicking problem ? They also have the ek vadar fans but from the vids I have watched the Gts have a better sound.
I would love to buy some notua ippc but at 50$ a pop I would be better off getting a 970gtx then buying 7 fans .

So what are ppl using .

I can only comment on 140mm fans:

- Radiator: Prolimatech Vortex (Red LED...they have other colors): 4 in push/pull...very quiet
- Case Fans: Noctua NF-A14 FLX: 2 as intake through a filter...very quiet

I was using the iPPC-2000 140mm fans as radiator, then as intake when I got the Prolimatech, but they were too loud for me.

I Used the 120mm 1850 GT's for years. Have a few left in my air case. Ran them at 900 RPM. As quiet as could be. Set them at 900 with a fan controller and left them there for years.

I Used the 120mm 1850 GT's for years. Have a few left in my air case. Ran them at 900 RPM. As quiet as could be. Set them at 900 with a fan controller and left them there for years.

I was going to say the same thing, I had 12 1850s running with a fan controller and the only fan I could hear was the PSU. I have the Thermaltake Riing high static pressure radiator fans now but I haven't tried them out yet or hooked them to my fan controller.

Wow I haven't used Gentle Typhoons in a long time. Do they still even make them? I have a bunch of Yate Loons 120mm in a box which worked great. Since I swapped cases to the Primo, I'm using the stock fans that came with the case which are the PH-F140SP . For my rad I have 6 120mm Bitfenix BFF-WPRO-12025B-RP which aren't bad at all considering they're 120mm.

I have HS Yate Loons (for Rads) and LS Yate Loons (for case). The LS are silent but don't push a ton of air. The HS push a lot and have a relatively high SP. Their cheap but fairly loud. No PWM on them so I use a 7v Molex adapter on the HS for everyday and remove it when benching on H20.

I also have the Stock Noctuas that came with my NH-D14. Great all around fan if you can get past the color. The newer ones look much better though.

I have a Corsair AF120 that is med speed (1600RPM IIRC) and silent but no SP so good for case fans but not for rads.

I like the Noctua, the 120's I have were the old tan ones and the 140's I have are the iPPC 2k versions either 3pin or PWM, doesn't seem to make a difference in sound on them, not in rad use, just as intake exhaust fans. Virtually no noise at anything less than 1k rpm and it's this low pitched hum at max rpms for the 140s, the 120s aren't as low pitched of a noise, but they aren't nearly as high pitched as stock case fans ore the NB-eLoop B12-P fans I have as rad fans.

Wow I haven't used Gentle Typhoons in a long time. Do they still even make them? I have a bunch of Yate Loons 120mm in a box which worked great. Since I swapped cases to the Primo, I'm using the stock fans that came with the case which are the PH-F140SP . For my rad I have 6 120mm Bitfenix BFF-WPRO-12025B-RP which aren't bad at all considering they're 120mm.

This guy has a bunch of new ones they were gone for a bit but now the company that supplied Syth with them will let you order from them. ( I watched him open a Skid of them )

https://www.dazmode.com/store/category/quiet_fans/

I would have to say his is the best store for water cooling in canada its really hard to find WC gear up here.

I was going to say the same thing, I had 12 1850s running with a fan controller and the only fan I could hear was the PSU. I have the Thermaltake Riing high static pressure radiator fans now but I haven't tried them out yet or hooked them to my fan controller.

Please let us know since you have one of if not the best rad fans in the market vs. these new TT Riing fans, if you're able to give us any detail on how they sound, push air, etc, would be greatly appreciated as there isn't much 3rd party experiences or data out there that I can find.

My one question I do have is, Modsmymods also has the "Dark Edition" which from my understanding is Dazmod's rebranding of the APs and "White Edition" that Modsmymods does in house I think. Which SKU is the same AP-15s but just rebraned, painted and possibly converted to PWM? I want to guess that the PWM fans that have a max of 1850 RPM are exactly that but I want to be sure. I might be purchasing a whole set for my rads, down the road or the Riings.

I was curious to about the tt riing fans. I almost bought them for my build but there was any info on them. So I went with 12 of the new noctua ip67 3000 rpm fans that can run in 24v. I might consider using the riings in my next build.

WHAT!!!!!!!
I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!
WHAT DID YOU SAY???????

Rocking 4 X 320 Rads with 12 DELTA's :)

I was curious to about the tt riing fans. I almost bought them for my build but there was any info on them. So I went with 12 of the new noctua ip67 3000 rpm fans that can run in 24v. I might consider using the riings in my next build.
They're not too bad but with 10 fans going it's a little on the loud side. I need to put them on the fan controller.

I had to put them on a fan controller as the Wife complained that she could not sleep.

I swapped over to an AIO system a while back for convenience and picked up some EK Vardars due to the 140mm, overall pretty happy with them. Was between the Vardar F3-140ER or the Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 2000 PWM.

I seen knock offs from time to time. Swiftech has some I know that.. I don't even remember the last time I seen a real one.
I use Yate Loons and noctua fans myself.

I seen knock offs from time to time. Swiftech has some I know that.. I don't even remember the last time I seen a real one.
I use Yate Loons and noctua fans myself.

Swiftech Helix are knockoffs? Please explain.

Back