• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC LOSES POWER

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbk-x-pirate

I have posted my rig on my profile and i have calculated my power usage is 400-500w at most but my pc turns on but sometime it loses all power (mb leds stay on but no fans or power button response)
sometimes i can use all day and its fine but other times it just goes when it powers off i cant power on until i pull my power plug and wait for power to drain (all lights go off) then its fine again
any help will be much appreciated
thanks. :p

I had this happen with my corsair 750W corsair PSU. When the PSU trips a protection circuit it won't start untill you pull the plug, let it drain and replug it.
You are overloading one of the voltage rails, the PSU is overheating or there is a short occuring in somewhere. It is likely your PSU is advertised with false specs.
I agree with scott and atminside, you should replace your PSU if you bough a junker and I would recommend oversizing your PSU slightly. 100W buffer is nice thing to have.

Back