• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[build log] It's 2008

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Non on eBay right now.
I have some ram and CPUs coming. So I'll be able to test it better.

Just got with the seller, he said he just tost the ram in and did my test it...
Odd that both stick are bad. But I'll know when I get the better ram I bought.

Did you try a deep reset by pulling the cmos battery for 30 minutes? Maybe try a new battery too.

Are you out of the case with just mobo, cpu & heatsink, ram, case speaker, & video card? I'll try that config, then pull the ram to see if I get a 'ram missing or bad' beep.

I'll tried just about everything aside from a second cpu.
I tried both in the case and out, 2 PSU's 2, 4 GPU's and single stick...

No ram gives me the same C1 code and no beeps. And a cmos wipe dose nothing. Once I get a second cpu I'll test it. I'll also test an external speaker today.

i havent noticed, but what ram are you using in this system?

i havent noticed, but what ram are you using in this system?
Pgd34g1600elk
2x2gb 9-9-9-24 1.65v ddr3 patriot g2 series.

I bought some gskill ram for the system witch is xmp compatible and its 1.6v 7-8-7-24 1600mhz

what cpu are you running specifically? you should really be keeping a log of this stuff so we dont have to ask to help troubleshoot.

fsb on that chip is 1066 will it handle the memory?
reason im asking is c1 error on the dfi boards is cpu not detected, are the pads the cpu clean? any bent pins?

The manual says c1 is an error detecting ram. And no bent pins.
I thought the ram on 775 systems was controled by the NB and not the cpu? I changed the fsb jumpers to every speed just to see if it was a fsb thing and no go.

I know that on my abit ix48 I used 1066 CPUs and 1600mhz ram.

Just tried a external speaker and still have no beeps. I powered on the system without a cpu and get 4.6. Post code.
I cleaned the pads and still get the c1 code.

I got it to work. I took the mobo heat sink off and cleaned the mosfets a second time.

Edit
Well now it looks like I have a bad gx2

Last edited:
i hope you did the ethical thing and returned the money back to the seller on ebay for the motherboard.

The manual says c1 is an error detecting ram. And no bent pins.
I thought the ram on 775 systems was controled by the NB and not the cpu? I changed the fsb jumpers to every speed just to see if it was a fsb thing and no go.

I know that on my abit ix48 I used 1066 CPUs and 1600mhz ram.

Just tried a external speaker and still have no beeps. I powered on the system without a cpu and get 4.6. Post code.
I cleaned the pads and still get the c1 code.

I got it to work. I took the mobo heat sink off and cleaned the mosfets a second time.

Edit
Well now it looks like I have a bad gx2
are you using the sli cable?

Cards nvida used to make. They are dual gpu cards like the 295 and 590.

i hope you did the ethical thing and returned the money back to the seller on ebay for the motherboard.
I will be. I just want to fully test it before so. I be returning it tonight.

are you using the sli cable?

Not yet, or do you mean the internal one? I have both internal cables on the card.
I can't even get the system to post with the one card installed. The other one is fine.
I tried the card in another system and it's the same, instantly powers off when I power on the system.

Last edited:
Cards nvida used to make. They are dual gpu cards like the 295 and 590.

I will be. I just want to fully test it before so. I be returning it tonight.

Not yet, or do you mean the internal one? I have both internal cables on the card.
I can't even get the system to post with the one card installed. The other one is fine.
I tried the card in another system and it's the same, instantly powers off when I power on the system.

take the card back apart and make sure nothing is where it shouldnt be like it was on the motherboard.

I did and I did not see anything out of place.
The card came from another seller by the way.

Did that GX2 ever work for you or was it untested by you? It might have bad vram, which could explain the C1 code.

Back