• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK-TIM Indigo Extreme on a new system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLambeth87

Hey Guys,
I can't seem to find the answer anywhere so I am going to post here... Please excuse me if this has already been discussed.

I am in the process of a new system build. I am using the EK-Supremacy EVO water CPU block and it came with the EK-TIM Indigo Extreme. After reading the instructions it says to make sure I have P95 and SpeedFan installed so monitor the reflow process... my question is how do i go about doing this if I don't have Windows even installed yet? I am doing a hardline loop so just popping the block off after the initial setup isn't going to be that easy. Should I even worry about using the EK-TIM or should I use my ArcticSilver 5 compound from my last build?

Thanks in advance.

Josh

It's just an advice to heat up cpu and check if temps are correct. It doesn't mean you have to do it. If you apply TIM right then all should be fine.

I would use standard TIM, not metal TIM.

Do a quick search on the forum for Indigo Extreme, there was a thread yesterday about it.

Thanks for the info... after more research I think I am just going to us my AS5. I've used it in the past and have had good results unless you guys have something better you recommend? Thanks.

Josh

MX2/4 or something from mid Gelid series is good and not expensive. Also all these new TIMs are better than AS5. I'm changing TIM quite often and I found MX4 or Gelid Supreme quite good and easy to apply.

I'm partial to Noctua NT-H1, but that's probably because I have a few free tubes from buying their heatsinks!

Back