• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga supernova g2 750 watt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ikpthegame

So my question is, does the evga supernova go 750 watt have both the 8 pin and 4 pin motherboard connectors? I just can't find the answer, and the mb I'm getting has both on it.

Specs don't show it at newegg or the evga website??? It should. That said, I own one and it has two 4+4.

Also, unless it's a server board or you are benchmarking subambient, the extra cpu power lead is OPTIONAL. You can come firm that by reading the manual for your board.

What does your build look like parts wise?

Well the board is a asus crosshair v formulal-z, so it's all for overclocking stability and I plan on ocing. Yes I didn't even think to check evga site. But thanks for the link, looks like 2x8 (4+4) so it should be fine. Sorry for being stupid and not checking the sorce.

It's not stupid at all!!! I just mentioned a source for reference.. to fid it now (if I wasn't posting from my phone I would have linked ya), and the info moving forward. :)

It's not stupid at all!!! I just mentioned a source for reference.. to fid it now (if I wasn't posting from my phone I would have linked ya), and the info moving forward. :)

Right now I havery no computer, just sold my laptop to fund my new build along with my taxes. So I'm using my phone for everything lol, so I charge it a lot. I can't wait to get back into desktops and learn all about ocing and the newer tech, I've lost touch with my inner geek lol.

I can't read tonight apparently... I see now that my link shows 2x 4+4 for CPU on the 750W G2.

Hey we all make mistakes, heck I didn't even think to look at there site lol. The last psu I owned was a Vantec 500w that I bought from performance pc and I had them sleeve it and change the connectors to green I think.

- - - Updated - - -

But while on the subject of the psu, could it handle 2 of those r9 380x'so oced? Like I said I'll be using a fx 6300, 1 DVD drive, maybe 2 hard drives, and a max of 7 case fans once I get a new case.

It would be on edge, especially if you ever went for water cooling or an eight core processor.

What are your chances of running two GPU's though?

Just an FYI, that CHV-F can be cut back to a 990FX Sabertooth for about the same clocks on ambient, and you can save $30. The CHV-F is a benching board, built to push the octo-cores to their limits under sub-ambient cooling, where as the Sabertooth is built for stability, and can push the same octos to about the same clocks as the CHV-F on ambient cooling.

Of course, if you upgrade later on, you can invest in a DICE/LN2 pot and really see what your chip can do with the CHV-F.

Well I got a good deal on the board here in the classifieds so im gonna stick with it

Plus that board just looks better imho. My favorite colors are red and black so it works for me lol

So looks like I'll have plenty of power to run duel cards down the line, just scored a evga g2 1300w for $130 shipped

Back