• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best case'scenario out today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ikpthegame

So im wondering what you guys think the best case'scenario on today's market are? Keep in mind I'm looking for good wire management, and plenty of food for rads cause I will be water cooling down the line.

Need to mention what ur future plans for water cooling,such as, single card or dual cards or ever 4 cards :rofl: ,mother board chip set ,mem possible ? and of course CPU.

I got no clue what I'll have for hardware when the time comes, I'm more so just looking to see what's the best out from people's experience. And I just noticed my phone made a sweet title for me, stupid auto correct lol.

That's a pretty vague question. I'll answer the best I can with out being to vague myself.

As far as Best CASE Scenario you'r going to want one that will house what ever hardware you plan to put in it for the next 5-7 years. You are always better off deciding what hardware you want before deciding on a case. The main reason for this is you do not want the case to limit you. A case is just a box that houses your hardware. When I'm creating a build log I generally plan it in this order.

1. CPU - What platform (AMD/Intel) and Generation (Kabini/Skylake) e.g. socket
2. Motherboard - What form factor, features needed (ATX/Raid/OC ability)
3. GPU - (AMD/nVidia) what res will we need etc.,
4. SLI - Generally No
5. # Drives SSD's and old school spinners
6. Cooling - Air, AIO or Custom Water
7. Accesories such as DVD-roms, Bay Resevoirs, pumps, Rads etc.
8. NOW we can start looking at cases to determine what will work for this build. (Full tower, Mid tower, mITX)

So, there are just way to many variables to go into what the best scenario is. I will say to buy a good Brand name. They tend to have better options and better customer support if things go wrong. Also consider warranty. Generally cases don't go bad as there are few moving parts, but it does sometimes happen.

That's a pretty vague question. I'll answer the best I can with out being to vague myself.

As far as Best CASE Scenario you'r going to want one that will house what ever hardware you plan to put in it for the next 5-7 years. You are always better off deciding what hardware you want before deciding on a case. The main reason for this is you do not want the case to limit you. A case is just a box that houses your hardware. When I'm creating a build log I generally plan it in this order.

1. CPU - What platform (AMD/Intel) and Generation (Kabini/Skylake) e.g. socket
2. Motherboard - What form factor, features needed (ATX/Raid/OC ability)
3. GPU - (AMD/nVidia) what res will we need etc.,
4. SLI - Generally No
5. # Drives SSD's and old school spinners
6. Cooling - Air, AIO or Custom Water
7. Accesories such as DVD-roms, Bay Resevoirs, pumps, Rads etc.
8. NOW we can start looking at cases to determine what will work for this build. (Full tower, Mid tower, mITX)

So, there are just way to many variables to go into what the best scenario is. I will say to buy a good Brand name. They tend to have better options and better customer support if things go wrong. Also consider warranty. Generally cases don't go bad as there are few moving parts, but it does sometimes happen.

I think this should be stickied somewhere!

I think this should be stickied somewhere!

Generally i buy a case on its looks and features such as can it do water cooling , is it to big or to small or just right, to me a case is a throw away item i get tired of them after a couple years, or use them for the metal or parts they are made of. An expensive case on the other hand better be what u want for a life time. Cases cam be modified to suit ur needs. If it doesnt have the right mounting holes for radiator for instance if u have the room u can always add holes cut out metal that is in the way ecetra. A case is a personal choice . Everyone has there on preference or if u dont then u will learn after time which case suits ur needs. Ideal case to me would be size that supports water cooling, in various configurations,every day somebody comes out with a new radiator biggfer and better the big fat ones need a particular case, skiney radiators will fit in smaller cases. New bigger better fans for instance. More built in lights, the list goes on . What do u want to have in ur case comes to mind and will ur mind change in the future. The manufactures of cases havent really listened much to the general public as what we want or they just dont care due to cost issues in manufacturing. Im getting older now and my case preference is changing. Cant lift a 100 pound monster anymore . So back to ur question best case scenairo today, that u can only determine, depending what u want in ur case and what u want to do with it.

There is one sure thing out there if you want to go mini ITX, but it's expensive and there's a waiting list. Check out the " NCase M1 "

Looks to be the best use of space, can fit full sized components like PSU and GPU, While remaining very small in profile and still reasonable to work in.

Yep, I just added the M1 to our list the other day by request from Peanutbudder. Looks like a really nice one.

Back