• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smallest ATX and mATX case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mt_196

Registered
Hi all guys. I need help.

What is the smaller ATX case with a side window that can fit a 160mm CPU heatsink and a 310mm VGA card?
And the smaller mATX case that can do the same thing? (In this case, though about Corsair 350D)

Thank you very much! :thup:

Have you seen the Recommended Cases sticky?

It's not all inclusive by any means but should be a good starting point.

It's located here in my sig. vvv

Yes, I looked it right a moment ago.
Unfortunatly the smaller atx cases are too big (I can go max 15.5"" H and D). So probably i'm going through the matx or mitx standard.

Smallest mATX off the top of my head is probably the Corsair Air 240 and its largest dimension is just over your limit (15.9"ish).

ATX boards are 12" x 9.6" or larger, so I doubt you're going to find an ATX case which will only add 3.5" to either the height or depth.

Mmmh, yes it seems smaller (even if it has a different form) than the 350D. It's a shame it cannot support the r9 390, it would have been perfect

What's the length on your 390? I fit a an MSI Lightning 290X in an Air 240 a year or so ago. I can't imagine the 390 is too much bigger. I think I may have relocated on of the front fans?

It's definitely smaller than the 350D. I've built in that one as well. The Air 240 is even smaller than a lot of ITX cases.

The 390 is 308mm. I heard of people that fit the 290, with a lot of work, but nothing about 390. If someone did it I can consider the buying of the 240.

EDIT: I found this online QORxOkgl.jpg
So it can fit, now the question is, how I dissipate the heat of the 6600k? I need a aio kit because my noctua won't fit the case

Last edited:
I had some time this morning to do a little research for you. Here's what I've come up with.

Ninjacore suggested the the Air 240. Great little case that will house your 390. But as you know you will need to go AIO with this case. It should be mentioned that many of these cases will have compromises you'll need to consider.

Silverstone TJ08-E - This is the only case that I've found to meet everyone of your needs. Review.

Bitfenix Prodogy M Color - This one meets all your requirements but is slightly oversized. Measuring 9.8" x 15.9" x 14.1". But it meets all your other requirements. Review here.

Bitfenix Phenom mATX - Another great case that meets what you're looking for but no window option. :\ Review here.

Silverstone SG09 & SG10 - Like the Phenom meets all your needs but no window. SG09 Review. SG10 Review.

Silverstone KL06 - Like the Prodogy M this one is just a little over the size you spec'd out - 8.4" (W) x 14.7" (H) x 15.9" (D). Review.

This will at least give you some other options and I did find at least one that fits exactly what you where looking for but many times styling will play a big roll in what you decide on so it's better to have multiple options to choose from.

Thank you very much. I knew of prodigy and phenom, I'll look at the others. Really thank you man

Heat from the 6600K isn't going to be substantial.

A low profile heatsink from Noctua or any other "high end air" brand will get you an OC in the 4.2-4.3 range easily and fit in the 240.

Alternatively, as Blaylock mentioned, an AIO like the H80i GT would also work and give you more than adequate cooling.

Do you know of a really silent 280mm radiator? I don't mean that the fans are silent, I mean the pump, i'll probably change the fans

I am not, I don't own an AIO. You'll probably get better answers to that if you start a thread in the water cooling section.

Do you know of a really silent 280mm radiator? I don't mean that the fans are silent, I mean the pump, i'll probably change the fans

I assume you mean an AIO with a 280mm radiator? The radiator itself is just a hunk of metal ;)

I used an H110 for quite a while and noticed very little pump noise. I don't know if you'll be able to fit a 280mm rad in any ITX case, though...

Back