• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copper Tubing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FaLzY X

How come people don't use copper piping for water coolers?
The way copper disperses heat, it seems to me that with a well ventilated system, you could substantially reduce temperatures..

It won't "substantially" reduce temperatures. The surface area is incredibly low when compared to the radiators we use.

That said, I do know a couple of people who have done it.
It's all about aesthetics though.

It won't "substantially" reduce temperatures. The surface area is incredibly low when compared to the radiators we use.

That said, I do know a couple of people who have done it.
It's all about aesthetics though.

It is also a pain to keep polished.

If I were to do a water cooling system I would go with copper because of the antimicrobial properties. I always hear about systems getting gummed up from using to much antimicrobial additives to water cooling setups when in theory the copper itself should do the trick. I don't know if about water cooling since I have never done a custom loop so, I can only speculate.

If I were to do a water cooling system I would go with copper because of the antimicrobial properties. I always hear about systems getting gummed up from using to much antimicrobial additives to water cooling setups when in theory the copper itself should do the trick. I don't know if about water cooling since I have never done a custom loop so, I can only speculate.

So long as you use only distilled water, you can get away with something made of silver (a kill coil or plug, usually) in contact with the water to prevent microbial growth. Copper tubing is pretty expensive, I would imagine, and pretty difficult to maintain.

I only use I and H dead water with distilled in my loop and do a flush every 6 or so months. I've never had a single issue.

I use three to four Drops of PT Nuke per liter of distilled water

Nothing growing here and consistent temps for three plus years now :)

0005.JPG

"If I were to do a watercooling system." Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

I use three to four Drops of PT Nuke per liter of distilled water

Nothing growing here and consistent temps for three plus years now :)

View attachment 175000

Nice clean bends! A LOT better than some of the rigid tubing bends we have seen recently.

Very nice Witch. I knew we had some copper builds in this forum some where.

I like the GPU power cables Witchdoctor...did you buy them or make them? If you bought them...where did you find them? :D

Get some MDPC-x and do it yourself, then you can have any color scheme of cables you want :)

Back