• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G-Sync gaming laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomic888

Currently I've got a Gigabyte P35x-V3 laptop with a 980M GPU and i7 4710HQ CPU.

Its a great laptop, however in recent months G-Sync arrived to laptops and the m2 SSD compatibility
is attractive. So I thought I might sell the current one I have (only had it for several months and its condition is like new), and
get a G-Sync laptop.

The requirements are that it must be a 15 inch laptop and fairly thin, similar dimensions to my current laptop, I am not looking
for those huge Asus gaming laptops, but something more portable.

Aorus X5 caught my eye for example.
Do you guys have any other suggestions for a G-Sync laptop?

Thin and gaming doesn't go well for portables. If you're genuinely going to do it right you're going to have to compromise somewhere and thin normally leads to reliability issues.

Right now Alienware's doing their 30% off everything on the outlet store till the 15th and that's honestly your best bet.

Buddy of mine has one and the build quality is almost as good as my MacBook Pro and not nearly the same kinds of issues.

With all the problems I've had (most serious being a melted keyboard) I can't in good conscience reccomend anything other than overkill if you're going to be gaming on a laptop

Back