• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need cooler for i7 4790k using Extreme 4 with 4 sticks of Trident-X RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i6pwr

Any Noctua will outlast multiple builds for you, if you can fit it go for the D14 or D15 though.
They'll give you more headroom for overclocking and be quieter in use.

I'm not sure they will fit unless the fans sit above the RAM. This is what I have...

Attachments

• 20160213_190350.jpeg
    20160213_190350.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
If the D14 or 15 can clear the RAM I'll definitely go that route but expanding outward is going to be a no go.

Same question, if you answer about the RAM I can tell you if it'll clear those two coolers.

I think we posted at or near the same time.

Current RAM is Corsair Dominator 1600, G-Skill Trident X is what's going in.

Just remove the red part of the heatsink on the TridentX and you'll clear either the D14 or D15.

I'm going to take advantage of the size of the Storm Sniper case so I went with the D15. I'm not a fan of the colors but it's not going to be the deal breaker. More than I wanted to spend as the CM 212 EVO is a well-regarded cooler but the price of the D15 isn't too bad right now. Thanks for the help!

Once you get it in your hands you'll understand why they aren't cheap :)

Lol..

I'll definitely get a before and after pic....looks like the size of a coffee can. I sure wish the fan blades were avail in some basic colors....prob won't matter since it will cover up most of the blue components anyway.

I'll be back......:)

Attachments

• 20160216_164152.jpg
    20160216_164152.jpg
    972.7 KB · Views: 67
Back