• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Division - Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nop, HWInfo64 and the UPlay thinguie, everything else doesn't eat up cycles.

SO, interesting thing, had a driver crash yesterday sometime when i was afk in the darkzone which ofc i didn't notice and spent the next hour wondering why i was "only" getting 35fps-50fps. 980Ti was at 595mhz the whole time and interestingly enough the CPU stopped the 100% abuse and went back down to a leisurely 60%-70%.

Thoughts ?

I actually don't, only things running in the background are Daemon Tools, HWInfo64, AB and the Uplay launcher, besides there's a lot of people complaining about the 100% CPU usage.

And i officially give up on the game, too many team killing retards and rogues that go in the darkzones specifically to pvp (which i hate with a passion, nothing worse that getting shot in the back when you're trying to pull a mission or killing NPC's and getting all your loot stolen).

I actually don't, only things running in the background are Daemon Tools, HWInfo64, AB and the Uplay launcher, besides there's a lot of people complaining about the 100% CPU usage.

And i officially give up on the game, too many team killing retards and rogues that go in the darkzones specifically to pvp (which i hate with a passion, nothing worse that getting shot in the back when you're trying to pull a mission or killing NPC's and getting all your loot stolen).

Okay? So don't go into the Dark Zone... you don't HAVE to go in there to play the story, at least so far.

I finished the storymode at lvl6, i have absolutly NOTHING more to do in the starting area. Im almost 9 with full blue/red gear (near enough the best you can get for the moment), lvl11 rep in darkzones, all of that done IN the darkzones. I'm out until they start new areas or stop this PvP crap, whatever comes 1st :p

I finished the storymode at lvl6, i have absolutly NOTHING more to do in the starting area. Im almost 9 with full blue/red gear (near enough the best you can get for the moment), lvl11 rep in darkzones, all of that done IN the darkzones. I'm out until they start new areas or stop this PvP crap, whatever comes 1st :p

There's going to be a ton more story areas and missions, outside the dark zones, when the full game releases...
It is a BETA not the full release, they're stress testing the servers.

The game is going to be bundled with nvidia cards. I'll wait til people are selling their codes for <$30

There's going to be a ton more story areas and missions, outside the dark zones, when the full game releases...
It is a BETA not the full release, they're stress testing the servers.

Running a server is so simple it is just mathematical calculations of upload speed and X,Y,Z coordinates, input control of each player any CPU can handle that, it is the upload speed to each player that cost and is the strain called lag, so 60 clients is about 40Mb/s upload from one sever game, you don't need to do a stress test.

I used to run a game server.:)

Last edited:
If you pay attention to most game launches from the last several years you would understand why a stress test I'd helpful, if even useless because on launch day most games are essentially broken that need server/online access.

I put quite a few hours into this one and watched some streaming of it as well.

I don't see the value in this game. In Canada, for the gold version (game + season's pass) it is $130.00. This seems like the kind of game that you will need the DLC if you are going to play long term.

Maybe it will change in full release but there does not seem to be anything really worth doing in it. You spend so much time just running around. Maybe they are going for the survival thing like Day Z where you really have to hunt for that soda?

IMO the darkzone is just broken. If you come up against a group that is a higher level than you it is lights out. Miss a shot trying to fight and you are rouge as well. Forget your grenades in those fights if you do not want to go rouge.

I kind of see another Battlefront happening here. If you want a great team combat game, play Rainbow Six Siege.

ATMINSIDE can keep us up to date on how the game fairs at launch.

How is the pvp in dark zones? In the last closed beta for PC they had a big problem with hackers. Guess they kept characters saved client side so there was some character editing possible :p that made me stick to playing it on XBone only til it was fixed.

Same as CS i suppose, seen a few aimbots and wallhacks (got one shot several times at lvl8).

Without ever playing this game i will state one major flaw.

Ubisoft , They never support any of their damn games past a couple months.

I lost faith in them after GRAW-2 , They had a competitive community , and actually 2-3 pro teams from COD/CS/BF2 picked the game up at the time.. and then they just totally deserted it and never updated anything including anti-cheat.

So many games they make go down the tubes after release that it makes me worry heavily about buying anything they make that isn't a single player like assassins creed.

Ubisoft has a great game design and graphics team but very poor records of following up with patches/support and what not needed after release.

I would not be surprised if this game come out of the gate a huge hit and then got overwhelmed with cheaters and other issues later on that never got fixed.

Can we get and update ATMINSIDE?

Do you see this one lasting?

I've heard the game is decent, but not sure if it has enough interesting content unless you are really into the darkzone pvp stuff. One of the reviewers that I trust a lot (Jeff Gerstmann of GiantBomb) said that he's been playing it all this week for review, and is essentially done with the story/campaign portion of it. I'm unsure exactly how many hours that is (he didn't specify on their podcast/show) but he seemed that he had mostly made up his decision about the game but was more-so disappointed in that the weapons/etc just weren't that exciting for having a loot-based shooter and was unsure if the gameplay loop could stand up.

I would consider snagging it for around $30 to try out for a week or so, but I don't think it would necessarily have enough interesting content to make it worthwhile for a $60 purchase if one isn't interested in dealing with the Dark Zone portion of the pvp/ve gameplay.

Last edited:
Can we get and update ATMINSIDE?

Do you see this one lasting?

I only had the chance to play just over an hour. Life is busy right now.

The story already has me drawn in within the first hour, though.
Most people will take about this timeframe to reach where you start in the beta, which I did.

Gameplay is nice and smooth, it's easy to find groups for the more difficult missions, and seems to be a solid $30-40 game.

Back