• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would appreciate some advice on some making sure I have good WiFi coverage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate some advice.

I have a Rambler home and my cable modem and WRT54GL that I originally setup in my office which is basement far right room in the basement.

I am going to change things around and try to get better coverage upstairs..

Here is my plan I'm going to move the cable modem and Linksys WRT54GL to the basement furnace room where all my wiring comes into the house and is the middle of the bottom floor.

Then I have a WAPG54 Access Point that I will run a cat 5E from the Router in the basement to it in the up stairs middle, I plan to run a wire to 2 devices down stairs in my office, the one wire to the access point up stairs..

My question is will that setup give me good wireless though out the Rambler, or at least much better than now..

The more opinions the better, if I get more than one that agree I will feel good and go with that .

Thanks Sorry on the duplicate but I got a database error and didn't see the first post

Last edited:
You are going to have to test it yourself really.

But if you have another WAP on a higher floor, then it makes sense you will get better coverage higher up.

You are going to have to test it yourself really.

But if you have another WAP on a higher floor, then it makes sense you will get better coverage higher up.

Yes I understand that but I have read that most people use 2 routers to extend the signal. my question was will a access point do the same?

Back