• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another member of the 10k club.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
congrats on the big 10k.

don't quit, just slow down enough so you don't pass me :)

Lonely Raven
I hate screaming fans also. To remedy that problem I have modified and also used stock hsf's. Here is my farm w/description.

P2 233> stock
P2 400> No oc, standard hsf
T'bird 1333>No oc, standard hsf
T'bird 1333@1395 (9x155)> Drangon orb 3 modded w/80mm fan
XP1500@1500Mhz>watercooled
P4 1.6a@2400Mhz 150fsb> watercooled

Nice quiet little farm:cool: Better to reduce than to quit. IMO;)

Lonely Raven said:
I don't know. I'm tired of teams of screaming fans, constantly
tweaking and upgrading, repairing, and the damn electic
bill pretty much doubled....

Can't help on the electric except to say it's cheaper than racing cars. (Correct me if I'm wrong racecar).

This might interest you in the fan department:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74233

I can feel your pain. Just doing a little ground work for mine when the time comes.

Harvey

edit: Maybe they'll finish scanning the damn sky and put us all out of our misery.

Last edited:
hallen said:

Can't help on the electric except to say it's cheaper than racing cars. (Correct me if I'm wrong racecar).
The initial hit once I became addicted to computers was about $6-8000. But now I am kinda breaking even with the puters. All my friends and relatives upgrade often enough to let me keep at least one system that is on the bleeding edge.

But racing is about $100,000/ 10 month season.:eh?:

agree. SETI is still WAY cheaper than racing car!!!!

i have lots of friends and relative that need computer or upgrade. so i always sell my stuffs to them, and use those $$ towards an upgrade for myself.

just put together a old system (PIII500@720) that's sitting under my desk for yrss. purely for SETI only. spent $5 for NIC, $10 for a, i don't even know what it is, video card, $20 for a 1.2G hard drive. $35 total for a extra cruncher that doing 3WU/day! not too shabby at all ;)

as for fan noise. yeah, i HATE it, and couldn't stand it AT ALL!! that's why i've never use a single Delta fan in my heatsink!! i'd rather give up a few MHz than taking quite a few db!! all of my rigs are using Alpha PAL (PIIIs) or Millenium Glaciator (for XPs).

crunch on buddy!!! :beer:

I'm doubly miffed because a friend of my lil brothers was
supposed to buy my VP-6 with dualie PIII 933s @151FSB and
a gig of memory with a dual head video card.

I was going to use that money for the next generation of
IWILL or ABIT or EPOX dualie XP. Now I have to put that whole
project on hold. I really wanted to cut the noise and cut the
electrical usage!

Bah!

Lonely Raven said:
I don't know. I'm tired of teams of screaming fans

I had to read this one twice. The first time I thought you were tired of screaming fans...you know...groupies! Having over 10,000 WUs must automatically come with a built-in fan club. How could you ever get tired of fans? I can hardly wait 'till I get 10K WUs so I get my share of the screaming fans!

Raven- You may have lost a customer but I think you saved a friend. That VP6 was a big disappointment to me. Last year I had a PIII-800 on a VH6 and the performance was deadful. Then I paired up and bought a VP6 and performance was worse.

Sold the VP6 on eBay and used the money to pay the credit card for my first AMD DDR board (A7M266).

There is your rig on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2012770227

I'm saving my ammunition for MXP and Thoroughbred.
Lots of MXP boards coming out now.

http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/760mpxroundup/

Harvey

Well, maybe all is not lost!!

I have been offered a deal for an ASUS A7M366-D board and a
pair of already unlocked 1800+ processors (no heat sink or fans)
for a very reasonable price!

The price is...well....

I've been asked to move myself, my farm, and all my current
10100+ Work Units over to AMDMB.com's team.....

It sounds like a fair deal to me!

Lonely Raven said:

The price is...well....

?

Lonely,

Not sure why you feel it would be best to move teams but if you indeed feel that way its your call. Its been good having you here with us and if you decide to move then good luck to you. :)

Cy

Raven, and all members of OC... this is totally unacceptable, while your WU's would be welcome, this is not the way to do it. We do not tolerate this sort of thing on our time. I ask all OC members to forward me any information on this "bribe" to [email protected] and the frog will be handled, this is not the way team competitions should be handled. THanks

Lonely Raven said:

The price is...well....

An amazing plateau, Congratulations all around!!! I thank you for your contribution to the search, and your enthusiasm for the competition!! :D

As a Moderator at the Pond, I truly hope that your comment about a bribe to come to the Pond was made in jest, either by you or by somebody who contacted you... Our main rule is to have fun. Our way to have fun is to stay 'way ahead of you in the stats, by adding to the totals, not moving them around...

Wow. 10.000. I'm in awe, 'nStuff!!:D

ehem..... let me clear my throat and remind everyone here about something....

Today is a special day....

I think this thread and the bribe post is related to this special day...

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!

VampyreGTX said:
ehem..... let me clear my throat and remind everyone here about something....

Today is a special day....

I think this thread and the bribe post is related to this special day...

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!
I hope so. That bribe comment was made yesterday, and disreguard the time the post was made. It was not AF at time of post. You could offer me a grand+ a duallie setup and I would rat you out. Man of pricipal at this helm. Thanks for the clarification on forum pricipals n715dp. I really did not know what to think :confused:

Well damn. I build this thread up for a week, even take my
farm down for a day and a half to make it look like I'm quitting,
and some Frog has to come over and steal my thunder...

Hehe

April Fools!!!

Mess with the BEST
Die Like the REST!

That is seriously not funny, not something such as that. Could we please refrain from things of this nature, especially when we are promoting team co-operation and friendliness towards your fellow cruncher?

I am sincerely appalled I really am, I think a public apology is in order from me as well as others.

The Thread over at AMDMB

I wholeheartedly apologize to the Frogz as well for this getting out of hand and for being the one to bring this to their attention I thank you for the diplomacy and kindness and resolve you have shown in dealing with this.

Sincerely, SpeeDj

Don't do that man! I really thought foul play was involved! Well you got me and everyone else. Please no more of this crazyness I can't take anymore.

Back