• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can the 8KHA+ go over 2.1V? VCORE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mine reboots randomly at anything over 2.06v. I've read that this is common and it's the overvolt protection.

Ill know soon enough!(waiting for $$ for h2o, already modded the board)
-Malakai

I'm waiting for the Vmod kit from Larry Quinn. It should be in soon, and I am gonna put it on my 8KHA+ after I go watercooling.

Anyone know how much Vcore an Alpha 8045 can handle with a 43 CFM fan? Roughly?

You can get higher if you disable the overcurrent protection on the regulator chip.

Search the epox section of AOA for macci and voltage and you should find the relavent instructions.

Ive heard of some people running at 2.3 using this method...although some peple did have boards die on them.

Obviously a high quality PSU is needed to sustain the higher wattage.

Thanks, 1.8Ghz here I come...

My 400Watt PSU stys over 5V all the time due to the direct voltage readings but form the Mobo only reads 4.8V!

I did the Mosfet mod but it made no difference....hmmm I'll do a search!

M_N

WOW!

Hopefully if I can find it I will be able to Mod my VMem up to 3.4V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surely I can hit insane speeds then:D
I need 4 more grabbers though to increase the VCore....:(

ummm, Nick can u link me to that article (pm me) and link me to one about the "mosfet mod". What is that?
-Malakai

Go here > for Hoot's Mosfet Mod

The Mosfets are on the back (3 of them) and next to the CPU (3 of them) simply attach a wire from the Middle of each three (either from soldering or Grabbers) and then attach that to the RED 5V line on the Molex connector.

Heres the disabling Voltage Overcurrent Protection thread.

And heres another intersting read (about these voltages) Here

And lastly a qoute for the Vmem mod:

At this time I can run my Crucual PC2100 256MB DDR module at 186MHz using most agressive memory timings. In order to achieve this speed I had to increase DIMM voltage a bit. Epox 8KHA+ allows DIMM voltage setting up to 3.2V (it was at 3,15V actually) but obviously this wasn't quite enough :) The module wouldn't go above 179MHz at Vmem of 3.15V. After I perform the VMem mod w/ 500ohm, i am able to set Vmem up to 3.39V.

See attached for pic.

Its hard to understand it....

Good Luck!!!
M_N

You will probably find this thread usefull also

http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2073&highlight=grabber+or+farnell

933080001_933084001.jpg

As for the Mosfet mod I wouldnt recomend doing it.

If you suspect your ATC connector has a unwelcome high resistance then solder aditional connecotrs onto the back of your motherboard..not onto the FETs thenselves.

Holst said:
As for the Mosfet mod I wouldnt recomend doing it.

If you suspect your ATC connector has a unwelcome high resistance then solder aditional connecotrs onto the back of your motherboard..not onto the FETs thenselves.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
The mosfets are on the front and back.

Back