• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB Ports not working.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GilbertC06

Ok, so this is really ticking me off...

There is a serious problem with my usb ports. They stop working after a while. I've tried everything: Reinstalling the drivers, turning off power saving mode, but nothing is working.

I started noticing it after my usb game controllers would stop working during or after use while they were still plugged in. I wo uld then try transferring data via usb sticks or connecting my phone and they were definitely not working at all. My mouse and keyboard work consistently but there are those rare times where they do not power on during boot up and I have to switch them over to other usb ports for them to get working again. I recently started using a usb hub that is plugged in to the back usb ports, which have fewer problems, but even that has started having the same problems.

My specs are in the sig and hopefully someone knows what to do.

Do you have it narrowed down to exactly which ports are working and which aren't?
I.e. Front USB 3.0 don't work properly

The problem seems to occur the most on the 3.0 ports, even the ones in the rear.

Have you updated the BIOS any? I had a problem with USB ports on a Gigabyte board (would not see USB keyboard until after OS was loaded) and after the BIOS was updated, the USB ports work now.

Back