• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Build log] My dream machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Again the mark is extremely faint on the metal part where the fan shroud meets with the aluminum fins.
You even have to angle it to see it. Almost like a lightly etched pencil marks..
And yeah I'm assuming it's the gpu just trying to be optimistic lol

Quick status update...
I called the rma department yesterday and the support guy told me the rma was accepted and my gpu is currently undergoing repair. It should be shipped out within 5-7 days!!

I will still keep everyone updated until I recieve my gpu and test it for at least 2 weeks for stability.
I still find it so bizarre that my gpu worked fine for around 30hrs until I put it under load.
Anyone have any theories on that? Very weird.

Finally got some very good news today!
Asus notified me that my gpu was a defective unit deemed unrepairable and that my new unit will be shipped out within 24-48hrs. New in the box!
So they honored my warranty even though I broke the void sticker and was relatively fast for an RMA from my understanding!
+1 to ASUS I'm now a dedicated fan boy.

I just looked at some bad news from ASUS good to see some good news from ASUS.:)

Last edited:
Yeah I agree
We hear so many bad things from asus usa rma service that I was horrified that I had a problem.
But turns out I was pleasantly surprised that they did a wonderful job!
Thought I should spread the word.

Outstanding news Reaper. I'm looking forward to seeing some new, updated build pics.

Well checking in for a another update. And for some opinions.

First I need an opinion on the type of glass I'm going to choose for my side panel.

I'm either going just regular tempered glass or what I was thinking was using some 2 way glass.

You know the privacy glass. And my reasoning is this...

2 way glass works as you can only see the light up side from the dark side. Or it will be reflective.

So when my lighting is turned off my window will look like a mirror. Then when the lighting is on it'll be normal.

Lol I think it's a cool idea.. idk...

So asus rma contacted me. (Yeah still no gpu!)
Said there a no available units yet because the poseidon line is special edition? They said the manufacturer should have more available soon.

Idk but they told me to call in 48hrs on Monday so I will give them a call today.

**Edit** Another idea I had was to completely remove the windowed side panel and make it solid glass, which is actually what I'd prefer but I need thoughts/ideas on how to mount it.

If I make the whole side glass I will probably cut the glass myself with a red devil and I might just go thick instead of tempered depending on how expensive it is to have it tempered

Last edited:
You cant cut tempered glass. You have to special order it. Tame your expectations, that stuff expensive to get custom made with holes in correct places.

Again, you can NOT cut tempered glass lol.

A smoked plexi would look awesome imo. Also, if you get lucky and find a piece of tempered glass the appropriate size, 3m makes some special mounting double-stick tape thats meant to hold glass. Would work very well.

edit : I see you want the entire panel replaced... If you're willing to fork out the cash for a custom piece of glass, i would do some white or red standoffs and mount the glass directly to the frame on the corners. 4 screws to remove the panel essentially.

Oh and pass on your "Thick" glass idea. One chip, jolt, or god forbid drop and the whole piece could shatter.

guys I have a question about this case , can you tell me the maximum thickness of the radiators ? I would like to install a 360 on the top,420/480 in front and a 360 on bottom , all three 60mm thick is possible?

Finally got some very good news today!
Asus notified me that my gpu was a defective unit deemed unrepairable and that my new unit will be shipped out within 24-48hrs. New in the box!
So they honored my warranty even though I broke the void sticker and was relatively fast for an RMA from my understanding!
+1 to ASUS I'm now a dedicated fan boy.

I have always had a positive experience with Asus :thup:

Viridium you'll likely get better answers if you start a new thread.

There are a lot of variables for rad thickness. I'm sure you'll be fine for the front unless youre going push/pull and have a monster 3 fan gpu. The others will require someone actually measuring for you.

You cant cut tempered glass. You have to special order it. Tame your expectations, that stuff expensive to get custom made with holes in correct places.

Again, you can NOT cut tempered glass lol.

A smoked plexi would look awesome imo. Also, if you get lucky and find a piece of tempered glass the appropriate size, 3m makes some special mounting double-stick tape thats meant to hold glass. Would work very well.

edit : I see you want the entire panel replaced... If you're willing to fork out the cash for a custom piece of glass, i would do some white or red standoffs and mount the glass directly to the frame on the corners. 4 screws to remove the panel essentially.

Oh and pass on your "Thick" glass idea. One chip, jolt, or god forbid drop and the whole piece could shatter.

Just as an additional wood of caution in case you were thinking of trying it anyways, tempered glass tends to explode when drilled.

As for the thick glass it is possible to get a thick sheet that holds up well, you either need to get a high quality sheet like that used for a large table or get a laminated glass sheet. Either route I would suggest having the edges beveled all the way around as this will increase the edge strength. You will still need to be careful as this is glass but this will give you a more feasible option.

Yeah I never planned on cutting tempered glass myself I know that it's a no no. But I can always make the design I want and have it tempered is what I was trying to say.

But I was thinking of just cutting the panel a little larger and then putting a mirror film on the glass and then put the tempered into it.

Back