• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x2 cpu motherboards. I have question :).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crypto

Registered
hi. I interesting something abote x2 cpu motherboard. if I buy 2 cpu motherboard I must instal 2 cpu if I can instal 1 cpu and it work well? and also I interesting if I instal 2 cpu I must instal memory for both cpu if I can instal memory for 1 cpu and both cpu work well? thx :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dual cpu motherboards can work with single CPU. Regarding memory, motherboard usually has separate banks for each CPU but if both CPUs are in use then each of them can use all RAM on the motherboard. Simply if you have 1 CPU then maximum memory capacity is limited to the memory slots related to this CPU ( so half ).

Crypto, please keep it to one thread per topic.
Making duplicates only serves to cause confusion and unnecessary effort.

sry I am first time in this site and I thought first topic was frong space.

- - - Updated - - -

yes if I instal 2 cpu thay can use all ram. but if both cpu have their slots and I instal 2 cpu and ram only in first cpu slots how can work second cpu? it (second cpu) can use slots which is for first cpu ? for example if I have 1 cpu installed in first socket and if I use only x1 4gb ram and I installed this ram in slot which is for socket 2 this socket 1 cpu can read this ram?

Last edited:
Back