• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG [Project Log] "Blue Morpho"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Installing the engraved PSU Covers and more​

So as you know, yesterday i recieved all the custom made and engraved parts from E22.biz
Everything looks amazing and is just spot on the design we agreed on.
So i decided to install the psu covers just for a small photo shoot, so you can see how it's going to look.
Also quick mounted the Radiator grill and fans to the rad, just so you can get an idea of what my thoughts are with it.
Other then that, i took 300 images and narrowed it down to 15 haha. Enjoy.

IMAG0649%20copy_zpsnivowvil.jpg

IMAG0624%20copy_zpskdjoksls.jpg

IMAG0632%20copy_zpsgu0jruc1.jpg

IMAG0642%20copy_zps58kpqfdt.jpg

IMAG0643%20copy_zpssn3etvlp.jpg

IMAG0659%20copy_zpsztyt5jtk.jpg

IMAG0661%20copy_zps2laxhkob.jpg

IMAG0677%20copy_zps700bvob6.jpg

IMAG0693%20copy_zpsnmz9ezsb.jpg

IMAG0699%20copy_zpsiqqxbcwb.jpg

IMAG0686%20copy_zps5ixi9u6f.jpg

IMAG0706%20copy_zps9jbmb6ty.jpg

IMAG0752%20copy_zpsvrlvi5pp.jpg

IMAG0701%20copy_zpswqjdk6ih.jpg

IMAG0757%20copy_zpsr26vmh5l.jpg

Hope you like it !!​

Last edited:
Sleeving the EK-DDC Pump​

So today i had a little time on my hands, and decided to sleeve the pump.
Not much to it, 4 wires that had to be sleeved only, so didnt take too many photos while sleeving, but will do next time.
Decided to use some of the 4pin cable combs i had laying around, just to make it look more tidy in the end.
I think i might have to shorten them up later, but i don't know that untill the reservoir is here.
I went for the heatshrinkless method for the pump, just my favorite way to sleeve, looks much better in the end i think.

IMAG0781%20copy_zpserspvarn.jpg

IMAG0787%20copy_zpssujioapn.jpg

IMAG0806%20copy_zpsgpcsxrjp.jpg

IMAG0809%20copy_zps7bcxd9qo.jpg

IMAG0820%20copy_zpszwe9opb7.jpg

IMAG0834%20copy_zps6gxoappf.jpg

IMAG0849%20copy_zps5klftezg.jpg

IMAG0826%20copy_zpsr9cbc8sy.jpg

IMAG0840%20copy_zpsvua1ohqn.jpg

IMAG0855%20copy_zps9ia7uh1r.jpg

IMAG0858%20copy_zpscwfn8wjq.jpg

IMAG0862%20copy_zpstkunx7kk.jpg

Stay tuned !!​

That's gonna look pretty trick with the wire routing and sleeving, look forward to seeing it completed.

That's gonna look pretty trick with the wire routing and sleeving, look forward to seeing it completed.

Thanks man,
it is indeed, looking forward to getting the reservoir so i can do the sleeving :)

Small Status Update​

Hey Guys,
Just a small status update.. I am currently awaiting the Reservoir/motherboard block from Parvum,
and really not much work i can do until it's here. Would love to do the sleeving, but don't really
know the length of the cables until the block is here. Same goes with installing the parts or making
some sexiness to the motherboard since the motherboard is at Parvum for measurement.
So next photo update will be the reservoir block when it arrives, and it's going to be amazing!!

Also got my new camera, a Canon EOS 70D and some macro lenses, so images are hopefully going to get
even better now. If not then i will go back to my HTC ONE M9 that has delivered all the images up until now.

So stay tuned guys, next update is going to be pure sexiness!!​

Just Trying Some New Stuff​

So as i await the big piece of acrylic block from parvum, I recieved som goodies from both CaseKing and Coolerkit.
I take photos of these later on, but first off i wanted to show some 90 degree angles adapters in acrylic that i recieved.
I kinda like the looks of these, an actually think they would be a perfect match to the big acrylic reservoir/motherboard combo.
But who knows, i might change it once the block is here and i have a better visual idea of it.
For now though, i installed them to get a visual idea of the flow direction, and also the new flow meter arrived, which had a matching

skye blue backplate that fits perfect to the rest of the acrylic custom parts!

The fittings leading towards the back of the case, from gpu, from rad and from pump, are going into the tunnels in the reservoir block,
and being guided to the next piece of hardware. Will be easier to see later folks, so stay tuned and let me know what you think of the

angled adapters. Should they stay or should they go ?

IMG_3892%20copy_zpsxg35x7l0.jpg

IMG_3902%20copy_zpsoumj8ruf.jpg

IMG_3901%20copy_zpsh5wouxia.jpg

IMG_3898%20copy_zpsoe2sgikb.jpg

IMG_3873%20copy_zpshzndjygr.jpg

IMG_3889%20copy_zpspylqvkdq.jpg

IMG_3897%20copy_zpsglq8hi5t.jpg

Stay Tuned Guys!!​

it's so very sexy, like Sophia loren........ right up to the angle blocks, then it kinda turns into Roseanne bar, to blocky for this curvy build.

it's so very sexy, like Sophia loren........ right up to the angle blocks, then it kinda turns into Roseanne bar, to blocky for this curvy build.

hahaah :D Nice one! Thanks for the feedback, it'a a hard decision with them angled blocks..

Final Renders of Res/Mobo Block Before Cut​

So the reservoir/motherboard tray is now in ready to get cut!. While I have 14 days of work ahead of me with 168 hours total, so will not have any time to build in that period.
But when i get back from work in two weeks, the reservoir block should be arriving at my door.
Here's some new 3D renders with the cable routing and ssd housing on the backside of the block. Really looking forward to getting this piece home and see how it all comes together!
So be patient guys, updates will come again when i am home from work in two weeks, and when the reservoir is here.

untitled.83_zpsotijyjxr.jpg

untitled.84_zpspiyqlwbd.jpg

untitled.86_zpsxc2dfqiw.jpg

untitled.85_zpswyo3d2i7.jpg

untitled.87_zpsgymqt0hz.jpg

untitled.88_zpsqcqwzcwv.jpg

Hope you like it !!​

WOW! That is awesome looking! How much does something like this cost to have done? Can't wait to see it in real life form!

Josh

Installing the PSU while Awaiting Parvum​

So just a small update guys. The reservoir/motherboard block from Parvum, still isn't finished :(
Really hope it gets done soon, as i hate to keep pushing the deadlines on this project, but i know it's a complicated
piece of work and that it's better to have everything correct so we dont have to re-do it..
Also had to re-design the block after sending new meassures, but i think this will look much more sexy when done. Will put in a image of that too.

So while waiting for the block, there's not really anything i can do, want to start sleeving but since the block isn't
here, i have no idea about the lengths of the wires. So i installed the PSU instead and started thinking about just making the psu side of the cables, and then just cut them long enough

that i can adjust the length once the block is here.
Well, i have around 4-6cm of freeroom for all the double wires, and just noticed that the 24pin has 11 freakin double wires.. Amazing, so i guess the old soldering iron will come into

play again. Just hope that i can make it neat and that there's enough space to fit all them cables :)

Oh, wait, i also have the next project planned when i am done with this one :)
An In Win S-Frame project called "Phoenix", with x99 soc Force from gigabyte, and alot of sexy custom waterblocks to be made for it..!
So have a look out for that one when the blue morpho is finished :)
Dropped in a few teaser images for that project.

eb75372c-0472-4ea3-8b49-d51261e0049b_zps45oszt11.jpg

IMG_6749%20copy_zps7zvajega.jpg

IMG_6742%20copy_zps1idvhvnj.jpg

IMG_6745%20copy_zps95asbfm9.jpg

IMG_6752%20copy_zpsfkxncxbs.jpg

Now some teaser images for the next project..

BeckModZ%20S-Frame%200_zpsuiq2mmpr.jpg

BeckModZ%20S-Frame%202_zpsndu73jbi.jpg

BeckModZ%20S-Frame%203_zps3jkvbuxl.jpg

BeckModZ%20S-Frame%204_zpsiftscwdp.jpg

BeckModZ%20S-Frame%207_zpso4i27usi.jpg

Hope you like it !!​

WOW! That is awesome looking! How much does something like this cost to have done? Can't wait to see it in real life form!

Josh

The block sent me back between 200-300£ , so not cheap at all, but worth it indeed :)

FINALLY!! The Reservoir/Motherboard block has arrived!​

So after waiting way too long for this piece of art, Parvum finally finished the reservoir and motherboard block,
and i have to say, once again they did an absolutely AMAZING job. The block looks so stunning.
i unpacked it and instantly tried to see if i could mount it, unfortunally the mount holes was on the wrong side of the block,
so i had to drill and tap new mounting holes, and also had to tap the rad holder mount.
So guys, finally here's a small tease of the block and a quick mount of it!
Really sorry about the white plastic pieces in the block, was lazy and didnt want to open up the block to get it out. (14 days of work and 200hours, im tired!)

IMG_6856%20copy_zpsbmotjahr.jpg

IMG_6854%20copy_zpssk1bxfct.jpg

IMG_6862%20copy_zps7zgtmczc.jpg

IMG_6863%20copy_zps9gaaonay.jpg

IMG_6852%20copy_zpsjlu4vphw.jpg

IMG_6847%20copy_zpsqwqxrk2g.jpg

IMG_6872%20copy_zps8adxlyo1.jpg

IMG_6877%20copy_zpsvw50yt7j.jpg

IMG_6878%20copy_zpsbejxzorm.jpg

IMG_6899%20copy_zpsrcygelpo.jpg

IMG_6906%20copy_zpssb8m36zn.jpg

IMG_6911%20copy_zps8kwyhd7v.jpg