• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG [Project Log] "Blue Morpho"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wasn't sure what the recessed area on ( I assume the) the back of the tray was for, but it looks like it will be for you to run the wiring? That's gonna make for a lot of patients measuring and cutting the wire to exact length, but will look so sweet. So last question, you done yet? :chair: :muahaha: Look forward to the updates.

Need Help With 24Pin Sleeving Design?!​

Since the block is finally here, it is time to start the massive sleeving job!..
Today i started on the 24pin, and have some troubles choosing what layout to go with, so i took some photos and threw in some numbers on them,
and hopefully you guys can help me pick the best design, before i go all crazy with all the damn double wires i have to make!
Take your pick and let me know guys :)

Also added a quick picture of my pinout for the 24pin.. massive! ..Always remember to write down the pinouts before you rip the old cable apart !

And will be using white connectors in the front, instead of black ones, so threw in a photo of the 4pin CPU cable going in through the block, to give you an idea.
Also i decided that it will look too disturbing to the eyes if using cablecombs,when there's 44 cables in the back that has to be nicely tugged together..
So instead i will probably go Oldschool and do cable lacing on all 44 cables.
Hopefully with a very neat looking end result.

IMG_7067%20copy_zpsob05hcps.jpg

IMG_7034%20copy_zpscvyqjd5a.jpg

IMG_7019%20copy_zpsksfsyamf.jpg

IMG_7038%20copy_zpsy1f93kt5.jpg

IMG_7043%20copy_zpsg4i1wu0m.jpg

IMG_7054%20copy_zpsjlwire93.jpg

IMG_7061%20copy_zpsbpg6hkb0.jpg

IMG_7071%20copy_zpswjrw7gwo.jpg

IMG_7074%20copy_zpsakvzkssu.jpg

IMG_7030%20copy_zps9oxpvjpz.jpg

Please write what number you like the most, so i can get started with the 24pin.​

Yeah 4 was my favorite also, so decided on going with #4 and swapping the dark blue ones with the outer light blue ones instead :)

Sleeving and Installing Blocks​

So the past week i've been busy doing all the sleeving, and I'm still not done... I started with the cable lacing, (takes forever!), and i'm not sure i want to use the

blue cotton thread because it looks fluffy. So probably going to get some waxed blue thread instead and redo it.
Anyways i will attach a few images below so you can see what i mean.

I also installed all the waterblocks and fittings today, and see if i can find the best looking way to do the tubing, this weekend.
Another thing i have been doing is drilling 14 holes on the backside of the reservoir and tapped them, then mounted some standoffs that will keep the clear plexi plate in

place, which is going to keep all the cables neatly in place.. At least thats the idea, dont know how it'g going to look yet.

Almost forgot! Been trying a few options out for the placement of the powerbutton, and ended up bending some acrylic under the rad, and installed the button in that.
Not done with it yet though!.. need some fine adjustments and maybe some blue vinyl.. Originally i was going to put an LCD temp in the acrylic piece also, but we'll see :)

IMG_7289%20copy_zpsnylnrdpv.jpg

IMG_7570%20copy_zpsftlca7y1.jpg

IMG_7577%20copy_zpslsrbjpof.jpg

IMG_7583%20copy_zpssfnxav0v.jpg

IMG_7618%20copy_zpshxi9rczk.jpg

IMG_7606%20copy_zpsy3ez6h19.jpg

IMG_7604%20copy_zpsi3tijxsk.jpg

IMG_7620%20copy_zps2avapdxm.jpg

IMG_7627%20copy_zpsqbs1lapb.jpg

IMG_7633%20copy_zpsofr7caxr.jpg

Stay tuned guys, soon more sleeving and also the tubing is getting done soon!​

Allmost Done Sleeving!​

Thank GOD, i am allmost done with all the sleeving.. The cable lacing took forever and was hard on my OCD haha.
I still have to arrange them a little more neat and close together, and also sand the edges of the acrylic window that holds them in place.
But leaving the cables alone for a while and have started doing all the tubing, Just to get my mind on something else than lacing!

Anyways, here's a few photos of the sleeving result so far, hope you enjoy it, and i'm sure it will look very nice once it's all done.

IMG_7966%20copy_zpspdxf53pg.jpg

IMG_7960%20copy_zps3ydpgxd6.jpg

IMG_7964%20copy_zps6rzgkwbm.jpg

IMG_7963%20copy_zps5fm88rjx.jpg

IMG_7950%20copy_zpsk76pnu6h.jpg

IMG_7948%20copy_zpsfqh0l4um.jpg

IMG_7977%20copy_zps1oz4w4lc.jpg

IMG_7981%20copy_zpskots0es0.jpg

IMG_7988%20copy_zps5fwbn1ca.jpg

IMG_7986%20copy_zpslhpgku1z.jpg

IMG_7984%20copy_zpsva3h7tdz.jpg

IMG_7993%20copy_zpsinypozsg.jpg

IMG_7990%20copy_zpszi779evv.jpg

IMG_7997%20copy_zpse4ysy93n.jpg

Majestic looking EK WATER BLOCKS below <3

IMG_7998%20copy_zpsbldbqf1n.jpg

Now to continue all the bends on the tubing. Needed a break! haha.​

Tubing Done! Ready to Fill the loop!​

SO after 14 days more of work offshore, and i am finally home again to work on this beauty!.. Just finished the Tubing, and am pretty happy about the result, or i WAS, untill i did the first leak test!
one of the small 90 degree bends from tray tunnel to rad was leaking, so tried 6 new bends but just couldnt get it to work in that small space, so ended up using 2 x 45 adapter and a spacer instead.
Also the top tube from cpu to reservoir was bleeding a little, so decided to make a new tube for that one as well.. And finally no leaks! But updates of that will follow soon!
First off, here's a few images of the bends.
I also took the time to get the 2 x 6pin sleeves inside and under the frame, instead of the horrible crap where i had them going out and over the frame! Was messing so bad with my OCD, so had to fix it, and finally im pleased!

While posting this update, the blue morpho is doing a 24 hour bleed test! Updates and final images VERY soon !! <3

IMG_8016%20copy_zpshqnbiwua.jpg

IMG_8019%20copy_zpsaikgxfrv.jpg

IMG_8022%20copy_zpsfrtpmaai.jpg

IMG_8041%20copy_zpsn2fqq6mw.jpg

IMG_8028%20copy_zpszhounhtj.jpg

IMG_8048%20copy_zpsgua0bwcb.jpg

IMG_8043%20copy_zpsrkouemw0.jpg

IMG_8046_zps8xwwscwp.jpg

IMG_8026%20copy_zps4axmjyqz.jpg

Hope you like it !! cant wait to show you the next update!​

Wow. Not a very erudite response, but, wow. It was this build that tipped the scale for me buying a white case with blue external LEDs. LOL

Wow. Not a very erudite response, but, wow. It was this build that tipped the scale for me buying a white case with blue external LEDs. LOL

haha thanks mate :) .. Blue and white is just perfect together.. most certainly not the last white blue project i have made ! :D

I had to go with red and white inside, and blue and white outside. I think red and black have run their course for me for a while. Unless you pick them for your next build, then I'm subbed. LMAO

I had to go with red and white inside, and blue and white outside. I think red and black have run their course for me for a while. Unless you pick them for your next build, then I'm subbed. LMAO

haha i know what you mean.. my next project is a black/orange S-Frame :)

Done Filling The Loop, Now Bleed Testing​

FINALLY it was time to fill the loop with the beautiful Mayhems Pastel Blue, and it looks amazing! Really spot on color match with the sky blue acrylic parts!
Before i filled the loop, i obviously did a leak test and cleaning of the parts with distilled water, and found a few smaller leaks, that had to be fixed.
But once that was taken care off, the mayhems blue filled up the loop and res block of the Blue Morpho, and result looks breathtaking! <3
So lean back, scroll through these images and enjoy! .. Final images will come very soon, just have to do some minor adjustments before it's ready.
Need to figure out if i should bend some of the remaining white acrylic, and do some smexy cover for the I/O in the top,
and also still need to get the white acrylic cover in the bottom finished, and glue the small butterflies in place, for a final touch.. Also last but not least, tighten those cables up again so please my OCD..

IMG_8110%20copy_zpsoipjj4jy.jpg

IMG_8119%20copy_zpsrymjtzya.jpg

IMG_8121%20copy_zps4stpoyjh.jpg

IMG_8132%20copy_zpsij2eljnh.jpg

IMG_8136%20copy_zpsh0anv1c7.jpg

IMG_8138%20copy_zpsbs0omuow.jpg

IMG_8147%20copy_zps6b9hk2qn.jpg

IMG_8150%20copy_zpsfm8diaxq.jpg

IMG_8154%20copy_zps2skrljyi.jpg

IMG_8162%20copy_zps3dsm4kxm.jpg

IMG_8175%20copy_zpsov0wosxe.jpg

IMG_8170%20copy_zps8oa3vkp2.jpg

IMG_8173%20copy_zp****vkzlb.jpg

IMG_8166%20copy_zpsnvbmjwd6.jpg

Enjoy!! Thanks so much for the support both from all you guys in the forum and my facebookpage "Beckmodz - liquid Designs" who has been following this project!<3​

I keep looking at it and it feels like the first time I saw Disney World. LOL. Non geek friends come over and I pull up this build thread and we point and "Ooh" and Aah" like little kids.

Back