• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound card tweaking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Im not sure if this should be posted here or in the games area so I figured here might be best? Sorry if incorrect.

I just purchased a new sound card today (soundblaster zx). Only about the 4th one ive owned over 14-15 years of playing with computers and I must say this thing has had a huge impression me but there is one issue Im not sure how to fix.

When playing cs go the ambient noise from the maps is ridiculously loud, as in louder than footsteps so makes it hard to hear what is going on. Does anyone have any suggestions on what settings I can adjust in the soundblaster software to adjust for this? Before this card I was using a basic soundblaster x-fi titanium and never had this "problem".

Thanks.

Moved to the sound forum for you.
Hope you get the issue fixed quickly, I don't have experience with the card or drivers to be able to help.

Do you have Scout Mode enabled in the SB control panel? That may be the cause.

Have you tried the game's settings? I'm only familiar with the ones I play , but they generally have settings for different sounds (chat , music , etc.)

Do you have Scout Mode enabled in the SB control panel? That may be the cause.

This. Scout Mode was made to increase the overall volume to the same level, to make it easier to hear enemies that may be approaching from off screen.

It's basically a audio amplifier and compressor.

Back