• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED PSU connection to GPU help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Veancy

Hello guys i know this answer must have been answered multiple times but its always diffrent for each psu so yeah let me get to the point i have an atx 650w MS-TECH psu with 1 six pin pci-e connector and i want to buy a r9 380 wich requires 2 six pins and i wanted to know if it's safe to use 2 x 5,25 to 1 6 pin adapter :confused::confused:

TL;DR: Will 2x5,25 molex to 1 6pin be safe to use? i want to get an r9 380 gpu

my build:

i5 4690 3.5Ghz
GIGABYTE Z87-D3H
2X4 GB DDR3
1 SSD
1 HDD
1 Optical drive
650w MS-TECH psu

and here is psu information PnSCS4C.jpg

Last edited:
Id be more worried about the quality of that power supply than I would the molex to 6 pin connector. Its a 650W unit that only has 430W on the 12V rail(s). That tells me that it is an older spec PSU. Assuming it able to output what the label says it can, you should be fine. If you start noticing issues on load, that is the first place I would look for the source of the problem.

If I was you, my next purchase would be a quality PSU :)

ok ty guys i'll probably look into a new psu too when i have the chance to do so

Back