• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

saying freesync not supported..when it is

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is FreeSync enabled in the monitor's OSD?

it was a grayed out option.

on an unrelated note, why does fullscreen and windowed fullscreen act differently.

playing ark and chaning to 2k resolution fullscreen cuts about 1/2 the screen in black box and just my game in center, but windowed fullscreen..actually gives me full screen.

it was a grayed out option.

on an unrelated note, why does fullscreen and windowed fullscreen act differently.

playing ark and chaning to 2k resolution fullscreen cuts about 1/2 the screen in black box and just my game in center, but windowed fullscreen..actually gives me full screen.

So the FreeSync option, in the on-screen display of the monitor, is grayed out?
Not on the PC settings, not on the driver settings, but actually on the monitor.

So the FreeSync option, in the on-screen display of the monitor, is grayed out?
Not on the PC settings, not on the driver settings, but actually on the monitor.

think we are confused, here. I solved the problem after the first post, where I stated the issue was I was using HDMI cords and no DP cords.

think we are confused, here. I solved the problem after the first post, where I stated the issue was I was using HDMI cords and no DP cords.

Sorry, missed the DisplayPort statement while posting on my phone!

I suspect the monitors display settings on this one. Windowed full screen keeps the windows display rendering at 4k resolution and upscales the 2k resolution image, in full screen instead of upscaling the 2k signal your sending it its simply rendering it centered.

I suspect the monitors display settings on this one. Windowed full screen keeps the windows display rendering at 4k resolution and upscales the 2k resolution image, in full screen instead of upscaling the 2k signal your sending it its simply rendering it centered.

hmm. Not seeing any options for that on the montior settings. maybe a setting in crimson

Try the GPU scaling feature in Crimson. Turn it on and set the scaling to panel. See if that fixes it.

Z

Back