• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Flava Formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L4mka

Flava Formula

Welcome all at my next project. Cooler Master asked me last year with offer to mod their Master Case Pro 5... So, why not? :)

I used it for project for ASUS CZ and liked it so much that I have to make one for me too. Therefore, this time not building the case, but edit and rigorous tuning of each part.

Color theme is clear - black and yellow. Red has been enough, I like yellow ..
Flava = yellow

render.png

Planning was easier this time because I did not have to invent a whole case :D As you can see on the render I planned mainly inside of the computer. I want the cleanest possible look - cleaner than in previous projects.

I want to do water loop exactly as in render - only horizontal pipes (I hope it will be possible). For first time I would like to use a bent tubes.

Materials:

Especially materials that complete the case.

- Steel
- Plexiglass
- Airbrush paint and varnish

Plan:

Edit inside with emphasis on a much greater smoothing interior and a cleaner appearance. The outer part of the case completely airbrush (still thinking about paint and changing my mind every day is different :D) in combination with yellow paint :)

Components:

▪ Intel i7 6700K
▪ ASUS FORMULA VIII
▪ ASUS GTX 980 Poseidon
▪ SSD
▪ RAM
▪ Cooler Master V1000
▪ Master Cooler Master Case PRO 5
▪ Corsair AF120 and SP120

As you can see, I do not know all components for now.

Everything will be watercooled, as always, for the use of water components from the two top producers - Bitspower and EKWB.

This project would not have been possible with the support of these wonderful sponsors!

prvni.png

As regards the actual progress, so that it is not more or less zero :D But! I already have motherboard and case at home. :)

5.jpg

img_0271.jpg

I will add more soon, probably I will make outside of case first and then through to the inside.

UPDATE 1

I have today the first update - first progress and presentation of case for this project.

This is Cooler Master MasterCase PRO 5. The latest case from CM. Designed for modders and people who like to do everything their own - "Make It Yours."
With the partial modularity oof this case you have many choices how to build your PC.

1.jpg

The front part is perforated and there is a possibility to place up to three 140 mm fans or 360 radiator like me :D

2.jpg

In the PRO version left side has window, right have not.

3.jpg

Back side is a classic with the possibility of mounting up to 140 mm fan.

4.jpg

What I like the most is this part for easy installation PSU :)

5.jpg

The lower part where is PSU is from the upper beautifully divided right from the CM, which I think is very practical. There are two slots for 2.5 "drives, and cabling.

6.jpg

Front panel buttons and offers two USB 3.0 ports and two audio jacks.

7.jpg

8.jpg

To the progress - I took the case to a friend who is devoted to painting etc. I recently built with him a sealed spray booth. The box is completely out of the film and is ventilated. The box has dimensions of 1.9 x 2.6 meters, which is sufficient for our needs.

Dismantled case - dismantled parts which will be painted and varnished.

9.jpg

Before painting was necessary paint everything with paint filler.

10.jpg

11.jpg

After spraying filler came a control spray.
And then grinding ... A lot of grinding :D

12.jpg

This look quite good, isnt it? :D Maybe someday ...

13.jpg

Parts are already back in the box before the first layer of gray metallic. We will continue next weekend! :)

14.jpg

UPDATE 2

Thanks for sub Blaylock! :)

In the next update we will stand for a while with the booth. We cut a little window 50x50 cm for easily looking inside. :)

1.jpg

And also there can be placed a GoPro camera :D

2.jpg

Regarding the case we painted all parts with gray metallic finish - it was also drama in store with colors to choose :D some nice gray we said, and vendor gave us a pattern and there was about 150 gray :D

10.jpg

After the gray came the "foil technique". Sprayed with a layer of black and dried by foil several times. In the end, it creates nice structure

With this technique we have the experience from last autumn, because we made this computer for ASUS CZ :)

img_2596.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

On the side panel will be simple logo. It will be yellow - white - black :)

7.jpg

The case is now painted at 100%. After the weekend we will polish the parts and I will continue with modding interior. It is like a mirror, isnt it? "Perfect" for photoshoot :D
bocnice.jpg

bocnice2.jpg

One last thing to a workshop was missing .. The holder for spraying guns :D 2 mm HQ steel powder coated.

8.jpg

At wall :)

9.jpg

UPDATE 3

I have not so much time for modding these days :( ... Normal situation :D Anyway the case is completely painted and is already polished :) Here are the photos. It was also really cool to took these photos because in the clear polished coat reflects absolutely everything :D

Complete case :)

0.jpg

The front part will remain so "free", but there will be a radiator fan and finally a bit of yellow :)

1.jpg

Rear side with the ASUS.

2.jpg

3.jpg

The front main panel connectors and buttons.
4.jpg

5.jpg

Although each piece was made separately the texture between different parts altogether builds nicely.

7.jpg

More coming soon !! :)

10.jpg

That is looking awesome, very impressive work there. I can see why you get so much business, you really do good work.

UPDATE 4

After completion of the outer part, I started working on the inside. I want it inside more smooth and therefore add further steel sheets which will have only those holes that are needed.

Last week I took case to a small HW event organized by ASUS, so at least I mounted the mobo, res and pump :)

1.jpg

Sheets, which will complement the interior. Mostly cover sheets

3.jpg

This sheet is with prepared holes for mounting res without screws. Originally I wanted straight combo pump + res, but finally I decided for this solution :)

4.jpg

Sheet fits perfectly.

5.jpg

Back side. Here I will have to do some cuts with Dremel.

6.jpg

From the bottom of the case, I removed the mounting position for disks ...

7.jpg

... and added a cover plate.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The second plate, yet everything fits perfectly :)

10.jpg

Sheet around mobo has prepared a straight holes for cabling - better organization of cables that will keep nicely their shape.

11.jpg

And the back cover from the back side

12.jpg

13.jpg

I hope in next weeks I will have more time to continue with this mod :)

Thank you for painting with a bunny suit and respirator. Im assuming you are using a catalyzed varnish. The amount of fools I see just spraying that stuff without PPE makes me cringe. I did it ONCE ("cant be THAT bad right?") and regretted it for days after lol. I go full bunny suit mode like you now.

Loving the look, especially that contrasting logo. Very sharp and well done, nice work!

Thanks! :) yea respirator is must have if you wanna do projects like this. Especially when painting the final clearcoat which is super sticky :D

UPDATE 5

Finally some hardware! For the water cooling. EKWB send me into this project their two radiators, pump and pastel colors for mixing liquid :) For their help they deserve great thanks!

Raditaror PE360 into front and SE240 into the top of the case.

7.jpg

D5 pump with PWM control - which is a great thing imo, better than a classic control on D5 pumps.

8.jpg

Two pure water which will be mixed with pastel concentrates. I took even one orange - I could possibly freshen up :)

10.jpg

I was quite looking forward to yellow, interesting color :)

9.jpg

Radiators are well treated and with amazing cooling capacity.

11.jpg

13.jpg

However, radiators passed the same finish - to match the case.

1.jpg

Their removal is quite simple, just remove the eight screws and disassemble radiator comfortable, which is great if you decide to paint :)

2.jpg

Basic gray metallic as well as on the case

3.jpg

4.jpg

After already known foil technique and finally logo carved through the template :)

5.jpg

Decent appearance

6.jpg

There are a few more photos of painted radiators.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Currently I have still a lot of work with another project but soon I add more! :)

UPDATE 6

Radiators are finished so I can start assembling them in case. First I decided to mod the front of the case.

1.jpg

360 radiator is the largest rad that can be placed in front position.

3.jpg

But around rad to avoid unnecessary empty space, so between the radiator and the fans will come this sheet.

4.jpg

5.jpg

These fans, I have at home and SP version (which better for radiator), but the appearance of the blades is prettier version AF :D I think they could have done it just fine. Anyway, those stickers have go.

7.jpg

Fans fitted :) Of course, not red, but will go into yellow.

8.jpg

Almost the entire front of the front.

9.jpg

12.jpg

The front part is completed by two plates mounted on standoffs.

10.jpg

11.jpg

More will tell you this render, as I imagined the front part :)

13.png

When I saw this
render.png

I immediately thought this
temp-dewalt-logo.png

I dig the theme though. Red has been over done! Lookin good!

Back