• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered the slowest machine on the planet!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GenericSauron

Registered
I kind of went against my original ideas and the ideas of others, and ordered a N3700-ITX computer with the Pentium N3700 (embedded into motherboard) processor, 16GB DDR3L, a 250GB Samsung 750 Evo SSD, and enclosed in a M350 case with a 80W PicoPSU power supply. I'm going to see how this does at Blender, the 3D modeling program, and the like. I will be installing Windows 10 on it. It will be ran off my TV for display, but I'm going to see about getting a tiny 1024x600 USB monitor eventually and using it at a desk.

What impressed me is the fanless design and small size. I have used a computer once with an A8-5557M and a SSD, it was okay.

My actions in life are a little schizophrenic and tend to get me flamed. However, this seems like a pretty mature community, so hopefully that won't happen here. :)

People will say, "8GB is enough RAM, especially for that system." But the ones that do tend to run dedicated video cards which have their own RAM, not integrated which takes RAM away. Hope I got that right.

sounds like the intel nuc i'm going to pick up this week and mess about with.

you won't be gaming on it so you can set the vram to the lowest setting in the bios anyway

got mine, an ssd and a stick of ram.
this thing i8s so tiny and cool!!!
it's for my mother, she says the things I build for her are just so big and ugly, just wait till she sees this little cutie!!!!!!!

got mine, an ssd and a stick of ram.
this thing i8s so tiny and cool!!!
it's for my mother, she says the things I build for her are just so big and ugly, just wait till she sees this little cutie!!!!!!!

That's cool! Mine will be a bit bigger, about the size of a Wii U, but it supports dual channel RAM and 16GB. That is, assuming you got the Pentium N3700 Nuc.

By the way, I hope I wasn't rude at all when I said, "What kind of statement is that?" to the person above, that wasn't the intent at all, I just meant I will be doing some carefully planned gaming is all. There are people out there that gamed on Bay Trails and posted the result on YouTube, and these N3700 systems are actually superior in graphics capabilities to Bay Trails. I've done my research.

Do let me know how things go for you, and which Nuc you have!

Back