• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help... system not working correctly (ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX & Amd F9590)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

B34R

Please help... system not working correctly (ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX & Amd F9590)

Hey guys,

Im new here so sorry for my ignorance.

So I my system launches but its very laggy and I cant seem to fix it…. When I launch programs or even just try to view my C drive it takes FOREVER to load and sometimes it just locks up….

Any input would be awesome (im not trying to OC this was supposed to be a media server : PLEX)

My system info:
CPU : Amd FD9590FHHKWOF Fx-9590 Oem Fx-series 8-core Black Edition
CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H105 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CW-9060016-WW
Mobo: ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 Socket AM3+ DDR3 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD 990FX ATX Motherboard
PSU: Thermaltank TR2 850w
RAM: Patriot 16GB(2x8GB) Viper III DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) CL11 Desktop Memory With Black Mamba Heatsink - PV316G213C1K
HDD: (8 WD black editions b/c this is a media server lol)
GPU: ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 750TI Overclocked 2 GB DDR5 128-bit DisplayPort HDMI 1.4a DVI-I Graphics Card

The system seems to be running cool enough (as far as I understand).

This.jpg

Seriously I click on “system properties” when I started typing this and they still are not open….

Is this a new build? Is it a fresh install of windows? What BIOS are you running? You may want to read this thread it may be helpful.

Yeah my first thought was it a fresh install of windows, and second thought it might be hd related.

That looks like a pic of the BIOS screen, I bet when you go to run anything that loads the CPU even a little, the temps rise a lot. (FX-9590=Heat Mongers, I know, I have 1)
Also is the BIOS up to date?
As for HDD's? Could be, as I'm not in front of the PC, I can't say.

Hope you get it going Chin up there :thup:

Are the hard drives configured for some kind of RAID? If not, make sure the you are in AHCI mode and not IDE in the bios. Crystaldiskinfo is a great free program for testing the health of hard drives.

Also, are you running your RAM at the full 2133 mhz rated speed? Not sure that the FX CPU series can handle 16gb of RAM at that speed. The Integrated Memory Controller is kind of weak compared to Intel higher end CPUs.

Please post back with screen shots of CPU-z tabs: "CPU," "Memory" and "SPD".

Upgrade that H105 to a custom loop, the FX-9590 is too much for the AIO H105, I used a Nepton 280L on my FX-9590 and it was not enough.

As someone pointed it already this is most likely a HDD issue, most of the time when applications take forever to load it's due to slow seek times or bad sectors on the drive.

Your board supports sata 6GB/s, is the drive running at full capacity? Fire up HWInfo and find out. What sata controller are you using? AHCI or native IDE? Also, what is the cache on your hdd? If your drive is running at 6GB/s with ahci, but has a small cache - <64MB - try turning off write caching in windows among other things to see if that makes any kind of difference.

Back