• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (Free)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
ForzaApex_2.jpg

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex – Arriving in the Windows Store this spring, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is a free, curated standalone experience for Windows 10 that provides fans with a diverse tour of what Forza Motorsport 6 has to offer, including trademark innovations iconic to the Forza franchise, such as Drivatar™ opponents and Forzavista™ cars, as well as new ways to play and compete. The experience also takes advantage of DirectX 12, delivering breathtaking visuals at up to 4K resolution

The Best Franchises are Coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 This Spring

It's a demo but I'm pretty sure I saw where future Forza's will be released on PC

Before I got the PS2, I wished I could get GT to play on the PC. Since I've switched more to Xbox over the years I grew into the Forza series more so than the GT series.

Might be a glorified demo, but looking forward to seeing Forza at 4k on my PC. I'll give it a try, can't hurt anything right?

Its nice that MS might be moving more of their console games over to the PC. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition was a disaster so hopefully Quantum Break will be better. I like the thought of that, and if they combine Xbox and PC game for one price... even better.

In my opinion, it's more like Microsoft is attempting to de-evolve PC gaming into console gaming and add us to it's flock. Windows store must die in the cradle.

In my opinion, it's more like Microsoft is attempting to de-evolve PC gaming into console gaming and add us to it's flock. Windows store must die in the cradle.

I don't have a HUGE problem with Microsoft trying to bring together the console and PC groups. But I do have a problem if they basically break all of the features that people come to expect out to buying a PC game by having the game only be available in the Windows Store with its current limitations. If Microsoft continues to evolve and improve the store so that the games can run at expected performance levels and have the proper features that are expected (SLI, Vsync (or Adaptive sync), screen recording, fraps/fps markers, etc) then I'm OK with it. Yes, it adds yet another store to the list to watch (alongside Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc) but if they do well by PC gamers/users (which remains to be seen, and their proven trackrecord of failing at doing so gives additional weariness to the idea).

Downloaded last night, hopefully I get a chance to try it soon...

i've restart twice and there's a couple updates i keep getting errors on (razor mouse driver) that wont install. other than that idk

-edit-

apparently it needs windows build 10511 and i have 10240. windows update says i have no new updates so idk what to do

Last edited:
managed to force update to 10511 but now i get errors when downloading the game, can't download more than about 2gb before i get an error.

microsoft just REALLY doesn't want me to play this game

-edit-
it seems it doesn't delete what it's already downloaded before the error, so i'll eventually finish it's just taking awhile =/

Last edited:
Still want to download this... hopefully I'll remember tonight to log into that Windows Store thing. Hopefully I can find it on the computer lol.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex 5/12/16 Content Update Release Notes

FYI...

Today we released the first content update (CU) for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex. This CU includes a number of improvements to the game, including the following:

Players can now disable Vsync in Apex (NOTE: This feature requires upgrading to a specific version of Windows 10 [OS Build 10586.318]). To disable Vsync:

1) Ensure you are on the correct Windows Build 10586.318
2) Select your desired performance from the Performance Target screen:
3) Ensure you application matches your screen resolution settings. The easiest way to do this is set the “Force Resolution” video option to OFF, which will automatically match your game resolution to your native resolution.
4) Ensure your application is running in a full screen mode (no borders / task tray). You can toggle full screen mode by pressing the Alt + Enter keys.

[NOTE: As of this update, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is still capped at a maximum frame rate of 60fps. The team is investigating adding support for higher framerates in a future update.]

Other changes in this CU include:

**Stability and performance updates spanning a number of machine configurations, with specific focus on AMD devices
**Gameplay/objective modifications to a handful of events in both the Showcase Tour and Spotlight Series
**Improved integration between Apex and Forza Hub, as well as improved redemption flow for the free Nissan GT-R bonus car
**Additional UI fixes and general improvements, including: Expiration times for Spotlight Series events are now shown in local time; "New” UI designation now only applies to events that are actually new; Total medals available in Spotlight Series now only counts for active events

[UPDATE: 4:47 p.m. Pacific -- We are aware that a number of users are running into issues with starting Apex since the latest update. For those users who are seeing the 501 Error Code message, you can bypass this error message by holding the "Page Up" button on your keyboard and then clicking the "Quit" button in the popup. The team is continuing to investigate the root cause of these issues.]

Forza Motorsport Forums

Well finally downloaded it the other night. Just tried it.

Its very true to that of Forza 6 on the Xbox One. I only tried 1920x1080 @ high settings. Tried to do Ultra but it was saying... oh you don't have enough Vram... yawn.
Anyways it ran very smooth, it didn't max out my GPU at this resolution. I did notice that 2 cores where pegged at 100% and the other 2 cores where around 50-60% utlization so it was using some decent CPU power. Noticed more CPU strain with more cars on the screen but overall nothing pushing the CPU fully.

GPU I have a minor OC on it but the vid card is also a few years old and basically holding its own fairly well. Could use a little more AA ingame but otherwise I'd say its almost a match to that of the console. Textures look a little more updated though.

Windows store? no thank you, I already feel it's a little bit too much having Origin and Steam lying around. And I could have a couple more "store apps" for other games and platforms that I have to install to play games I once purchased (looking at you uPlay!)

Microsoft is really becoming every day more aggressive regarding windows 10 and the app store.

Back