• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a way to force software to use a specific OpenCL version?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
I'll start by saying I know nothing of programming so simple answers would be the best.
The reason for my quest is performance based and using GPUPI specifically. GPUPI is like SuperPi but uses OpenCL and runs many parallel threads from GPU or CPU. Now the performance is very dependent on which OpenCL version the software uses. I know it'll run on 1.1,1.2 and 2.0.
What I want to know is how to "make" it use one specific version. From my experience it will use the most current version it finds on the system. The only way I have found to date to "control" the version is at OS setup and driver install. By using an older AMD display driver, i can limit the choice to only 1.1 since that's the only version installed. On many systems using 1.1 over 1.2 will give a 20% performance boost which is huge.
Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Back