• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Last Component Help- GPU for ITX Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnNC

Hi, I am just about set on my selection of components for everything but the graphics card. I plan on overclocking the CPU and GPU as much as possible. This will be used for Gaming and VR. Here is what I have set in stone:

Case: Phanteks Evolv ITX
CPU: I7 6700K
MB: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming
CPU Cooler: H100i V2
Storage: Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD
RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2x8GB 3000 ram

I need to select a graphics card and have narrowed it down to two choices (both 980tis).

1. EVGA 980ti Hybrid with the fan/Radiator mounted at the back of the case.
2. MSI 980 ti Gaming 6G. I would also add a fan set to exhaust at the back of the case.

I love the look and out of box performance of the MSI card however, I am worried about the thermals. If thermals are no issue, I would probably go this route. Although, I can overclock the EVGA to get the performance on par.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Unless you're really going to be pushing the overclock on the setup, I don't feel you should worry about getting the Msi card. Just add a fan to the back of the case so you have an intake and exhaust.

Back