• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headphone Amp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Witchdoctor

Don't really know to much about these things and looking for some help

Trying to find a good Amp to push my head phones for PC gaming , casual listening/Movies

Trying to keep the budget with in $ 200.00 if possible ?

Any insight would be appreciated :)

There's a lot of options out there for under $200

I know a lot of recommendations will come in for buying a Schiit Stack DAC/Amp combination: http://schiit.com/
NSFW Language:

I personally went with a Micca Origen DAC/AMP after watching and reading around from this review:
NSFW Language:

There's also the FiiO line of products, but I think generally most would recommend Schiit for a good product for the money.

I will check out the vids tonight,

does your mini jack out from motherboard sound just plug right into this ?

Thanks

I tell you, I have done a tremendous amount of reading on this over the last few days. I have learned a lot. Re-thinking what I am doing for not just my headphones now but speakers as well.
I have the original 5.1 Logitech 680 powered speakers. No complaints, it is over ten years old.
they are shot, headphone jack is blown out and pre-amp is in and out at times.
After doing some research into some modern solutions I am thinking using an amp to push some speakers I have collecting dust in the attic as opposed to having to shell out for another powered speaker set up. The amp I am looking at also happens to have an on board DAC and head phone amp as well. I looked to the same company that I used for my home theater set up NAD, While I am not an audiophile by a long shot I do appreciate good sounding music. While going this direction throws my budget out the door, $ 399.99 shipped on Amazon it does solve the problem that is coming my way sooner or later that my z680 set up is on it's last leg

here is the unit, hopefully you guys will have some insight on weather it is a decent unit or not.

http://www.amazon.com/NAD-D-3020-In...ie=UTF8&qid=1457446447&sr=1-1&keywords=d+3020

Lastly do you think this amp can push a pair of ML LX16's ?
Any insight on any alternatives types of units is appreciated if this thing is a total POS

Thanks

At 92 db sensitivity , that amp should have no problems driving those speakers , especially as near field computer speakers. I've heard some good things about that amp in particular. I wouldn't worry about it being a pos , it's a very nice little amp , with a nice feature set. :thup:

Back