• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to give it some more gas!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Well, I just made a deal on a Titan card!

Just trying to decide if I should leave the waterblock on it and set up a loop for it, or switch it back to factory air cooling.

Now I'm going to pull off 2 280X cards from a motherboard so I can switch that system to Zorin 9. This should give me a net increase of 300K ppd.

That should pull me out of the ~2M ppd race we've been having.

Hey, it might even put off the time for Macaholic to pass me by 3 or 4 days!

Last edited:
Hey, it might even put off the time for Macaholic to pass me by 3 or 4 days!

BTO say;

"You ain't seen nothin' yet
B-b-b-baby, you just ain't seen n-n-nothin' yet
Here's something that you never gonna forget
B-b-b-baby, you just ain't seen n-n-nothin' yet"

"Nothin' yet
You ain't been around
That's what they told me"

:thup:

Lol...next you'll be bustin' a rhym or 2!

Just remember to pull up your pants!

Yeah. You've been battling P4EE and RemonetB for a while. It's time for one of you to make a move. You're gonna show them. :)

Aha! Found my radiator. So, I've got pump and radiator, just need the fittings and the hose now.

B.T.O.? bachman, turner over weight? half a ton of rock and roll!!!!!!

watercool the titan, it might live longer.

Ok, ordered in and received 2 barbs for the card, some kink coils, about 7' of Tygon, and 4 fans. Barbs are already mounted. I'm going to try and have this up and running in the next couple of days.

if you use g-1/4x 3/8 bards just pm me, I have a bag full.
do you have a card that will take an EK fc7970 block?
I have one laying around here some place and no card for it to cool.....

Well, I FINALLY put the loop together and found out I don't have a spare PSU to test the loop on. (My PSU for this computer is all black wires for the MB power cable, and with my luck trying to jumper it, I'll get the wrong side and short it out.) So I'll be grabbing a spare PSU from work today and turning it on tomorrow night if it passes the leak test.

So, in the meantime, there will be a PPD drop.

Loop running and working out the air bubbles. I'll fire it up tomorrow evening.

Well, looks like a net neutral change. The card does less than I expected based on raw cuda core count. And it doesn't play well with AMD. I can't seem to get a 280X to run in the same system with it.

I may pull the waterblock off of it and put it in with the 3 970s I have on Linux. That will let me run the 2 AMD cards in addition to it.

Sorry...a little frustrated with myself.

Are 4P systems still good for the Rosetta crowd? I may want to sell off mine that has been sitting idle.

I was running a combination for a short while. It presents its own challenges. If I start to switch back to Nvidia, I will not mix cards on a rig just as a measure to keep my sanity if nothing more.

Back