• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MoBo replacement suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shad0wguy

Hey all, I am in the market for a new MoBo as I believe my ASRock 990FX Extreme3 is faulty. The system will hang for minutes at a time while the mouse can move, then after it unhangs every click and keystroke that I did during the hang occurs at once. Going by recent reviews of this board on NewEgg with similar complaints I'm pretty sure the MoBo is at fault.

Anyway, I am looking at new MoBos and am looking for the best bang for my buck. After my experience with this board I'd like to stay away from ASRock. I've had good experience with MSI and Gigabyte, and would be OK with Asus as well.

The two boards I am seriously considering are the GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 and ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0, but I'm open to other suggestions. I want to keep price down, so between $100-130 is my ideal range.

My other components are as follows...
CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 960T
RAM - Kingston HyperX 1600 (4x2GB)
GPU - Radeon R7 260X

Back