• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frozen CPU safe to order from again?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No online ordering, still? I would avoid FrozenCPU.
All you're doing is feeding the owner's (Mark) drug habit.

didn't see the online order was still missing, nvm then (banner is still broken and the site is slow as hell too)
seems I can order everything from newegg though, but it will be about $30 more

Everything looks to be on PPC as well.

Newegg is a component store, PPC is a specialty store for modding and cooling

Honestly Joe88 I won't order from FCPU ever again. He's had more than just the one incident and after reading how many people were affected by his actions has driven me away forever. The heart and soul of what Frozen CPU was (the employees) have started up their own store http://modmymods.com/. Their inventory is still a little weak in my opinion but they are a small start up. I'm very hopeful that they will begin to carry other big name brands as well and in time surpass what FCPU was.

FCPU is local to me, I can tell you straight up, don't order from there.
MMM is local to me also, yes their stock is a little light right now but it's a new venture. It will take time to grow contacts and inventory, but they're on the right track.
PPC's is the goto place for now.

didn't see the online order was still missing, nvm then (banner is still broken and the site is slow as hell too)
seems I can order everything from newegg though, but it will be about $30 more

The links I posted are about the same price as what you were looking at. One of which is way cheaper.

I am looking for specifc colors to match the motherboard accents
I found 2 of the cables but it seems they dont carry the motherboard cable
http://www.performance-pcs.com/silv...ci-e-8pin-6-2-connector-250mm-black-gold.html
http://www.performance-pcs.com/silv...s12v-8pin-4-4-connector-300mm-black-gold.html

Well, if you are going with black and yellow, this one:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/24-p...s-24-pin-male-to-20-4-pin-female-sleeved.html
Lets you pick your sleeve color and one of the options is "Black /w Yellow Tracer", and you can select either black or yellow for your heatshrink color.

I can say that I was a little reluctant to order from Performance PCs but my last build I bought ALL of my water cooling products from them and they are a great company to deal with! I've spent well over a grand with them in the last few months and they will continue to get my business. Frozen has tanked over the past year and I'm sure they will fizzle out in the coming months.

Was a fan of PPCs in the past, and most of my stuff has come from them since Petra's Tech Shop "merged" with Sidewinder, but haven't been on their site in a few years and I'm blown away by how crap it's become. I've tried using their site on multiple machines, and it's always laggy, keeps me stuck in redirect loops, and randomly reloads a search/product listing while I'm scrolling through it. I miss their clean and minimalist approach, changed instead to something that looks like it was designed by some high-schooler for a final project.

I've only ever ordered from Frozen ONCE in my history of modding, and they botched the order. When calling to correct, they made me pay to ship it back, and then sent me the wrong item again. This was maybe 6-7 years ago, but wow. First impressions.

Is SidewinderComputers even still around? Their last news update on the bottom of the main page looks to be from mid-2013...

I know I'm incredibly late to the party, but I actually have ordered a number of thing for a watercooled itx build this past month. I haven't had any problems with anything thus far. That being said I've been out of the loop (ha?) for a while and if I had known about the troubles they had I would of went elsewhere to be safe.

Back