• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newest Creation...Work In Progress

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't remember where the Ubuntu install directory is, but the log file is in that install directory.

Also, is there a way to save all of the log file directories aka the Folders? I noticed that after I close the program or close the lid on my laptop, I have to re-enter the log locations.

Also, how about the PPD for all of the entered WU's?

Thanks for the great work. As a non coder, I have no clue how much work goes into something like this, except I know I'd give it up after the first time I hurl something across the room. :D

Also, is there a way to save all of the log file directories aka the Folders? I noticed that after I close the program or close the lid on my laptop, I have to re-enter the log locations.

Also, how about the PPD for all of the entered WU's?

Thanks for the great work. As a non coder, I have no clue how much work goes into something like this, except I know I'd give it up after the first time I hurl something across the room. :D

Saving log file locations is a great idea...added that to my list.

PPD for all work units (across multiple PCs) is coded...haven't fully tested yet.

Adding in additional statistics by folding core.

Added minimize button.

Working on a way to save work unit history (if you turn off F@H is blows away the log file and you loose all of your history)...not sure if his will make the next release or not.

I'm hoping to have a new release in a few days.

Sweet!! Can;t wait for the next release!
Might as well put the 7850 in the rig and fold on it since well... I can't game for the next few weeks.

Release 1.1 is available now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzhdihjogsbsrn4/FAH Log File Parser 1.1.zip?dl=0

You should uninstall the last version before installing this version.

Change Log:

1. Added minimize box
2. Added saves file locations (there is a box under the "Add Log File"...double click on a name there to load it). Will keep the last 4 you have used.
3. Added remove log file. (Right click on a log file name in the status box to remove)
4. Calculates points today for every log file (displays with log file info) in addition to total points for all log files
5. Calculates statistics per core for each slot (this is a work in progress...feedback please)
6. Added download work unit % (tested it as best as I could...cannot get my internet to go THAT slow - hehe)
7. Estimates the number of work units to be completed today (based upon work units in progress...have no knowledge of future work units.)

Any ideas and feedback would be great.

The interface is a bit "busy"...so let me know if you have any ideas on how to make it less busy.

Let me know if you want to see more "stuff".

I am working on a Telnet link to the client to allow knowledge of the points associated with the current work unit being processed.

Enjoy!

Awesome! Ill test it tomorrow! Ha this will be good. Watching a GT420 fermi fold!!

Thanks for the hard work JrClocker!

I don't find the interface crowded at all. All the extra info is really nice to have! :thup:

Just waiting on my RMA before I can use the program more. 15d to fold a WU on the GT420.... :-/
Not happening.

Odd error I came home to:
Error.PNG
Program seems to resume normally after I clicked OK but I closed it tight after hitting OK. I've attached my log file as well :)
>>View attachment log.txt<<

Also, no stats in the statistics section... Not sure why.
No_Stats.PNG
Other than that looks and works great! :thup:

I'll take a look at it...the error posted in an error trap while reading from the log file...program should run fine.

Just letting you guys know I haven't forgot about this! Been busy the past few weeks but back to working on it again!

I currently have the prototype of a Telnet link to the FAH application...to pull "live" data before it hits the log file.

Once I get this working, I will add in some sort of "history" storage so you don't lose any history when you have to restart the FAH application (as it blows away the log file.)

Once I get this working, I'll post an update!

The Telnet link has actually been fun to figure out! The response comes back in PyON format, and I can't find any slick way of easily decoding a PyON message. PyON is a subset of JSON...but too different to use a JSON interpreter. So, it's string manipulation time!

:thup:

A quick update:

Here's a screenshot of the current iteration of the program:

NewFAH.jpg

New features:
- Associated an IP address with the log file
--- Establishes telnet connection to F@H service, and gets lots of info.
------ Currently using:
--------- Estimated points
--------- Estimated completion time
--------- Progress % complete
--------- Uptime
--------- A few others
------ If the link connection fails, it uses the old way to grab the data, except for Estimated Points and Uptime

- Keeps a running record...even if the F@H application is restarted
--- The F@H application will clear out the log file when restarted
--- When this application starts for the first time, it makes a copy of the F@H log file
--- As the application runs, it adds all information written to F@H log file to its own log file
--- If the F@H application is restarted, this application will "sync up" the latest F@H log file data to its own data
- The net result is that you do not lose any of your point history data as a result of restarting the F@H application!!!!

I am still testing, but hope to have a new release soon!

Excellent work!!
I hope to have my rig back online in time to test the newest release!!

Release 1.2 is now available:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public?preview=FAH+Log+File+Parser+-+1.2.zip

You should uninstall the last version before installing this version.

This is a pretty big update...took a lot of work to get the Telnet link and perpetual history functionality working!

Change Log:

1. Added application "perpetual history" feature...the first time you run it, it will make a file for production history. If you restart the F@H application, you will keep your history!
2. Added Telnet link to F@H application. Enter the machine name (from the network view) of the machine with the log file to make the connection.
--- Enter "localhost" if it's on the same machine
--- The connection takes a few seconds to establish...still working on this logic
3. Added "estimated points" for the slot...based on information through Telnet link (will be blank if no network connection)
4. Added "progress percent" based on information through Telnet link (will resort to log file data if no network connection)
5. Added "uptime" based on information through the Telnet link for each folding machine (will be blank if no network connection)
6. Various bug fixes

Any ideas and feedback would be great.

The interface is a bit "busy"...so let me know if you have any ideas on how to make it less busy.

Let me know if you want to see more "stuff".

Enjoy!

One thing I forgot to mention about the Telnet link...you need to allow "Remote Access" to the IP address of the machine running this program.

If you don't know how to do this, search forum or check the F@H website.

:thup:

Found a bug in this release...fixing it now...new build coming soon...

Damn!! No computer to install it on yet :(

Regardless this is looking very good jr.clocker! Im excited to test drive it when I'm back up!!

Back