• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newest Creation...Work In Progress

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's possible that you have a corrupted log file.

Stop the F@H application (pause and exit the app so that it's not in the tray.)

Go to the F@H directory and delete the log file I make (I believe it's log.txt.txt ... you can tell by the date).

Restart the F@H app, then my app and you should be good to go!

I added some logic to the next build release (coming soon) that will detect these types of errors from corrupted log files and skip them without generating an error.

Coming soon (because I'm cool)...doing final testing tonight! Added menu option to pull stats from extremeoverclockers.com!:

folding-2.jpg

Version 1.6 is now released!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yk88nludby97ema/FAH Log File Parser - 1.6.zip?dl=0

This new installation may cause your previous file history to become blank. Add a log file and it will start remembering again.

You should remove the old version before installing this one.

Change Log:

New Features:
- Updated formatting in grid view
- Optimizations to main slot class to improve speed and less CPU use
- Form and gridview auto size height to match the number of folding slots
- Added status bar summary to bottom of form
- Added "stats menu" option to get user stats from extremeoverclocking.com (Menu --> Stats)

Bug Fixes:
- Forced multi-threading to improve "choppy" behavior if display
- Improved processing of corrupted log files
- Estimated production computes total estimated points for the day, not just remaining points
- Fixed a bug where a bad work unit could cause the work unit queue to become confused

Known Issues:
- Will not always reestablish telnet connection link if network link is lost (have to restart the log parser program)
- Interface can sometimes be "choppy"...I made some progress in smoothing this out, but I still have some work to do

As always, please let me know if you want to see anything new...and I'll keep plugging away! :thup:

Trying to get the parser to hook up into my new Server folding machine, but I got this error after I entered the computer's name.
It reads the log file but has no telnet link.

Telnet is port 23 but it's looking at port 36330?

Is that a random port at every startup?
Or will opening up port 23 solve that issue?

Capture.PNG

Running v1.6 of course :)

EDIT: Okay so I opened up port 36330 and allowed my IP (192.168.2.25) to access the client without a password. I also added it to the allow connections list with a simple password.

Disabling the firewall on the Server still doesn't let the parser get a telnet link though....

Last edited:
Port 36330 is what the F@H application uses for its telnet connection by default.

You have to open that port on your firewall for my program to work.

Edit: You have to go into the F@H application and allow connections from the IP address that my program is running on (without a password).

Port 36330 is what the F@H application uses for its telnet connection by default.

You have to open that port on your firewall for my program to work.

Edit: You have to go into the F@H application and allow connections from the IP address that my program is running on (without a password).

Thanks!

I got it working after I restarted the FAH Client!
All seems to be well right now. Getting another 50K PPD or so from the 7850. Time to overclock it!

Say... Is there any way to removed old unused log files from the list in the parser program?
I mapped a folder as the Y:\ drive but I no longer use it. Just tiding up the workspace :)

Looking good so far:
Parser.PNG
Such a useful program Jr.Clocker! I absolutely love it. Makes having a remote folding rig viable :)

Say... Is there any way to removed old unused log files from the list in the parser program?
I mapped a folder as the Y:\ drive but I no longer use it. Just tiding up the workspace :)

Looking good so far:
View attachment 180680
Such a useful program Jr.Clocker! I absolutely love it. Makes having a remote folding rig viable :)

Thanks for the kind words!

I added this feature in...will be part of the next release!

I have a new update coming...have to finish testing...with some cool new stuff.

Is anybody else looking for any features before I do my testing tonight?

Version 1.7 is now released!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sp1ahq4n3ozogp/FAH Log File Parser - 1.7.zip?dl=0

You should remove the old version before installing this one.

This new installation may cause your previous log file history to become blank. If so, add a log file and it will start remembering again. No perpetual history data will be lost!

FAH Log Parser 1.7 - 1.jpg

FAH Log Parser 1.7 - 2.jpg

Change Log:

New Features:
- If critical data is missing from the log file (i.e. core type, etc), the program will substitute with information from the telnet link. However, the log file is always given priority.

- Added ExtremeOverclocking F@H stats summary to main window (will update once an hour...around 5 minutes after the hour). It may take until the next "hour" poll for the picture to be displayed with updated data. This is due to a lag time at ExtremeOverclocking.com in generating the image. However, the other data within this part of the form will be accurate to the last 3 hour update listed.

- Added a feature (per Silver_Pharaoh) that will remove a log file from the "old log file" box. To remove, simply right click on the name and select "yes" to the pop-up box.

- Added "Show Production History Summary" under the "Stats" menu option. This will open another form and allow you to see your production history in different ways as well as the cumulative "perpetual" log file. Unchecking a box by a slot or folding machine will remove the PPD data from the summary, and the slot from the "perpetual" log file view (all data will remain in the "perpetual log file".) Suggestions here for more ways to "slice" and view the data would be great!

- Added features to the Grid View at the bottom of the screen: (1) Columns will now automatically resize to fit row data (horizontal scroll bar will show if data is too big); (2) Columns can be re-ordered by dragging columns to a new position; (3) Rows can be sorted by clicking on a column header...ascending, descending, and none are the options.

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue where work unit date could become incorrect if simulation was paused for more than 12 hours without restart.

- Fixed a bug that would cause the program to crash if you "double clicked" on an empty "old log files" box.

Known Issues:
- Will not always reestablish telnet connection link if the network link is lost...you can regain by restarting the program.

- Interface can still sometimes be choppy...I've made more progress, but I'm still not 100% happy with it.

As always, please let me know if you want to see anything new or if you find a bug...I'll keep plugging away!

Awesome!
Already installed and I love the interface. All the data I need, right there. "thup:

Well done! :thup:

And thanks for adding in the option to remove old log files :)

Found a bug last night when I put in my new EVGA GTX 1080 FTW card.

The F@H client assigns slot number by some random logic. It assigned the same slot number to the new GTX 1080 card as it had for the old GTX 980 Ti card.

My program did not allow for this.

I'll fix it and post an update.

I'm thinking about adding a web server into this app. So, basically, you can see your current status when you are not sitting at your machine (and don't have the capability to remote log into the machine.)

To use this, you would have to setup the proper port forwarding on your routers...and there will probably be Windows permissions issues that would have to be worked through.

Is this something folks would use, or are folks not "techie" enough to use this feature?

Back