• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newest Creation...Work In Progress

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Release 1.3 is now available:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public?preview=FAH+Log+File+Parser+-+1.3.zip

You should uninstall the last version before installing this one.

Change Log:

1. Fixed a bug that could corrupt the "perpetual history" file.
2. Optimized Telnet connection speed (it's speedy quick now)
3. Will suggest a machine name for the network connection based on the log file
--- If the log file is on a drive (c:\blaa... e:\blaa) it will select "localhost"
--- If the log file is on a network path (\\pc-name\blaa) it will select "pc-name"
4. Poll time dynamically changes as a function of the number of F@H log files being processed
--- 1 second poll time for 1, 2 second for 2, etc.
--- This is to allow the F@H service to complete the communications and avoid memory leaks (the Telnet transfers take about 0.5 seconds to complete...the F@H service is slow to respond)

Known Issue:
- The "Folding Machine Summary" window will flicker sometimes (not sure what Windows is doing with the control).

Any ideas and/or feedback is great!

Let me know what sort of features you want!

:thup:

Release 1.3 is now available:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public?preview=FAH+Log+File+Parser+-+1.3.zip

You should uninstall the last version before installing this one.

Change Log:

1. Fixed a bug that could corrupt the "perpetual history" file.
2. Optimized Telnet connection speed (it's speedy quick now)
3. Will suggest a machine name for the network connection based on the log file
--- If the log file is on a drive (c:\blaa... e:\blaa) it will select "localhost"
--- If the log file is on a network path (\\pc-name\blaa) it will select "pc-name"
4. Poll time dynamically changes as a function of the number of F@H log files being processed
--- 1 second poll time for 1, 2 second for 2, etc.
--- This is to allow the F@H service to complete the communications and avoid memory leaks (the Telnet transfers take about 0.5 seconds to complete...the F@H service is slow to respond)

Known Issue:
- The "Folding Machine Summary" window will flicker sometimes (not sure what Windows is doing with the control).

Any ideas and/or feedback is great!

Let me know what sort of features you want!

:thup:

Rig is back online and folding again.
Installing the latest release now! I'll let you know of any bugs or whatnot. I don't expect to find any though!

EDIT: I can't download it :(
Dropbox wants me to sign in first, and I don't have a dropbox account...

I signed up for a dropbox account but then it told me that folder "public" did not excist.

I signed up for a dropbox account but then it told me that folder "public" did not excist.

You shouldn't have to sign up for drop box...I made my link public...I'll check it if about an hour.

OK - I guess you do need to create a drop box account (cool website though).

The link worked for me...:shrug:

Release 1.4...the one you have been waiting for:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwzss2fwnyj89bm/FAH Log File Parser - 1.4.zip?dl=0

Change Log:
- Added File Menu (exit, last log files, add log file)
- Added Stats Menu
---> Exports the points for each day for each folding slot for each log
---> Exports to a comma separated text file (for ease of importing into Excel)
- Fixed a bug where total estimated production for the day was not being computed correctly
- Fixed a bug where occasionally a deleted folding machine object to not be fully deleted from the running program
- Fixed a bug causing machine points to not display correctly in the Folding machine summary
- Fixed a bug which would cause a parsing error if a folding slot failed on a work unit

Known Issue:

You should delete the previous version before installing this one.

As always, let me know if you find any bugs or if you have any feature suggestions!

Release 1.4...the one you have been waiting for:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwzss2fwnyj89bm/FAH Log File Parser - 1.4.zip?dl=0

Change Log:
- Added File Menu (exit, last log files, add log file)
- Added Stats Menu
---> Exports the points for each day for each folding slot for each log
---> Exports to a comma separated text file (for ease of importing into Excel)
- Fixed a bug where total estimated production for the day was not being computed correctly
- Fixed a bug where occasionally a deleted folding machine object to not be fully deleted from the running program
- Fixed a bug causing machine points to not display correctly in the Folding machine summary
- Fixed a bug which would cause a parsing error if a folding slot failed on a work unit

Known Issue:

You should delete the previous version before installing this one.

As always, let me know if you find any bugs or if you have any feature suggestions!
Testing shortly!
I didn't need a Dropbox account to download it this time too :)

Okay, all seems to be working very well!
The interface doesn't flash, and I don't find it cluttered.
Saving the WU history is fantastic, when I open the program back up, my points and WU history are retained! :thup:

My only issue and it has been an issue since day v1, is that FAHClient.exe closes as soon as I open it IF your program is open.....
Not sure why... If i close it, FAHClient starts up normally without issue when i launch it via shortcuts. :shrug:

Never mentioned it since I usually just close your viewer and relaunch the client to get around this..

Hrm - I can't seem to reproduce that one.

I have my program open, and I close FAH Control (hit the "X")...and re-open...no issues.

Are you talking about totally closing the FAH program (even the background service?)

Need more details! :thup:

Yeah not the control, the actual background service, fahclient.exe :)

Close that and when you try to relaunch the service from the start menu it just wont open.

OK - I was able to replicate that one.

The FAH service won't start because my program is holding the text file open that the FAH service deletes when it starts. Let me see if I can put some sort of check into my program that will cause it to not start or exit if the FAH service is not running.

OK - I found a fix for that.

- I made it so that if you try to open a log file and the F@H service it not running, my program won't let you create the instance of the object. I tested on "localhost" and it works...have to test later on networked machines.

I still have to figure out what to do if the F@H service closes while my program is running...

I have to do some more testing, but release 1.5 will be coming out soon!

Added project history to original post.

I have been successfully able to check if the Folding@Home service is running on the local machine.

I'm having issues getting this check to work on a networked machine...still trying to figure it out!

Version 1.5 is now released:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x91txg4sek8vib/FAH Log File Parser - 1.5.zip?dl=0

This one includes a big list of changes and additions! This new installation may cause your previous file history to become blank. Add a log file and it will start remembering again.

Change log:

New Features:
- Added some colors (not my strongpoint...suggestions welcome!)
- Added estimated PPD for slot from telnet link
- Added WU expiration time from telnet link
- Added indicator "Slot Not Folding" to GUI so you know when a folding slot is down for any reason
- Added FAH options display (will display ALL options for the selected folding machine)
- Added statistics: Total Folding Active Hours and Total Folding Points, each slot, each core
- Added "Grid View" to view all folding slots and high level statistics
- Can resize form vertically
- Removes monitoring if FAH service stops on machine (localhost only)

Bug Fixes:
- Checks to see if FAH service is running on machine before accessing log file (localhost only)
- Added timeout to network receive event from FAH client to avoid application hang
- Fixed a bug that could cause the production history display to not update when selected

Known Issues:
- Will not always reestablish telnet connection link if network link is lost (have to restart the log parser program)
- Interface can sometimes be "choppy"...this is due to the blocking network call for the telnet network stream (making this asynchronous is proving a challenge)

Some eye candy:

FAH Log Parser 1.5.jpg

I love the new interface Jr.Clocker!

What started as an idea has really turned into a sharp looking, clean program. Well done! :thup:
I'll take v1.5 for a spin for a few days :burn:

Thanks!

Check out the PPD on the GPUs:

980: 449 K
980 Ti: 664 K
960: 176 K

:D

OK - working on an update...I forced the application to use multiple threads. This has cleaned up the "choppy" behavior of the GUI. Also, optimized some of the computational portions of the main slot class...improved performance and reduced CPU usage!

Have some testing to do before I release.

Back