• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EKWB Res and Pump Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLambeth87

I am wondering if there is an adap*tor to install the Ek-RES X3 240 onto th*e top of a EK-XTOP D5 series pump? Or if* I buy one of the smaller pumps w/attach*ed res can I put the 240 res on there?

I don't see that part listed on the EKWB site so I emailed their support but was wondering if anyone here knew the answer.

Thanks

Do you think you can use a EK-AF Extender Rotary?

images.jpg

I was trying to look at the EK site but my company has the site blocked for some odd reason. Let us know what you find out since I was wondering the same thing myself a while back.

Last edited:
Use that to pull coolant into the pump? Yeah that could work I think. Good thinking.

Would it be possible to pull coolant from port #6 (the top single port on the RES)? EKWB says they don't recommend doing that but I am wondering if I put a small bend in the tube so it's getting the coolant from the bottom of the res (it will be horizontal) it should still work ok. Thoughts?

Would it be possible to pull coolant from port #6 (the top single port on the RES)? EKWB says they don't recommend doing that but I am wondering if I put a small bend in the tube so it's getting the coolant from the bottom of the res (it will be horizontal) it should still work ok. Thoughts?

Oh i see, okay I would do what they say but your idea makes sense too adding a bend to the tube might just do it. Maybe other senior water coolers can shine in on this.

If its a single port up top, you could use it as a return but most use it as a fill and bleed port and use the bottom two ports as a return and exit. Don't forget to add a drain to it as well, for easier maintenance.

Thanks.

I figured out a different way of doing things so I will keep it the way it currently is setup. Just adding an additional radiator and moving the pump to accommodate the second Titan X.

Josh

Will do! Here it is in it's current state except now I just have 1 32" 4k monitor instead of the 2 27" 1080p monitors... which is why I'm getting the second Titan X so games will run at more than 24-29fps:

1.jpg

Nice setup, I was going to say I can show you how to link those but looks like you already took care of that. Are those Thermaltake Riing 12 White Fans?

Yup! Got the pump mounted and everything running over the weekend. Here is the final version... but now I want to add a 3rd radiator... :/

12722418_10153312590100981_753791279_o.jpg 12874468_10153312590085981_2084209482_o.jpg

Josh

- - - Updated - - -

Nice setup, I was going to say I can show you how to link those but looks like you already took care of that. Are those Thermaltake Riing 12 White Fans?

Oh and yes they are RING 12's on the radiators and Ring 14s on the bottom. Both with White LEDs.

Josh

Back