• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it PSU or something else Antec Quottro 1000W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elec999

Good Day,
I have an APU System 8500
two Gigabyte Wind 280x 3GB OC Cards
Antec Quottro
This is my folding@box and the system keeps on shutting down or being unstable.
Latest bios, all the goodness
I wonder if its the PSU or something else
At the moment I dont have another board and cpu to test with.
I did try another PSU but this one was only 850watt and same issue.
According to the Gigabyte these cards need 250watts each
Could it be that the Antec is older?

Is it possible it's just a heat problem. A couple of 280's and an AMD APU jammed into a box make a lot of heat.

@ wingman, sounds like he already did with the same symptoms. I have folded before and the load isn't always the same. I still think something is getting too warm and the system shuts down.
Easy test is to leave the side off and point a fan into it. Then you'll know if it's a lack of air movement that's causing the issues.

Last edited:
@ wingman, sounds like he already did with the same symptoms. I have folded before and the load isn't always the same. I still think something is getting too warm and the system shuts down.
Easy test is to leave the side off and point a fan into it. Then you'll know if it's a lack of air movement that's causing the issues.
Agreed.

I'd start by pulling one card out of the box, not just unplug it but take it all the way out.

Back