• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black screen boogie man

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vellinious

So....how do the guys that run LN2 and tons of volts through the AMD cards, keep the black screen boogie man from paying them a visit? Gotta be a way......

It's a very vague question and there are many detailed answers. What is the problem and what are you trying to achieve?
More detailed questions will yield more looks and better answers.

A title which actually makes sense to someone besides yourself, Vellinious, will also help.

Have you never pushed enough volts through an AMD GPU to start seeing the black screen? If you haven't, then this isn't a question for you. If you have, then the title would be plainly obvious.

Guess I'm asking in the wrong forum.....lol

You don't have to push volts to black screen. ;)
That's what makes it not so obvious.
Why is it so difficult to supply more info when asked? You're only helping yourself by doing so.

On high end cards there are a couple voltage options that alleviate that problem. Maybe search for a special BIOS for your card ie. LN2 bios

Have you never pushed enough volts through an AMD GPU to start seeing the black screen? If you haven't, then this isn't a question for you. If you have, then the title would be plainly obvious.

Guess I'm asking in the wrong forum.....lol

Then make the title "R9 290 Black Screen - LN2 - High Volts" and people will look at the thread and immediately know "I do/don't know something about this".

Yes, you're in general AMD GPU's as well, wouldn't be bad to ask in the forum section dedicated to benchmarking. Those are the guys who deal with LN2, not the general populous.

On high end cards there are a couple voltage options that alleviate that problem. Maybe search for a special BIOS for your card ie. LN2 bios

Yeah, the VDDCI voltage is supposed to help alleviate this, but that hasn't worked. There's also a hard mod for the .95v rail that's supposed to help, but I'm trying to stay away from hard mods. At least until Pascal releases....then I would consider it.

Neither of these actually alleviate it...just "help".

I asked over at OCN as well. They have some other suggestions.

Thanks for the help.

Back