• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member- designing a immersion, subzero system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Iv'e had my time with mineral oil. I wouldn't necessarily say its "too" viscous at those temps. It does however, entirely depend on how you plan to use it.

I did this tidbit a while back.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/727242-Fully-submerged-oil-PC

Did a full mineral oil submersion. Then radiated the bath to Wisconsin winter ambient temps. So you can imagine i hit well blow normal ambient. I would strive to say close to the temps you are looking at. I have a screenshot hitting 0C. From what i understand the cpu temp cant read below this. I also want to mention i never had any other issues considering my MB was also chilled down to this temp. I did however OC my AMD-8350 to around 5.2Ghz at the time. Many people said the full submersion was the main reason for this.

Anyways, i used a standard 1700 lph fish-tank pump, flowed it through a radiator outside my house with at least 3' of head. Worked beautifully.

Back