• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem booting Win 10 when setting CPU voltage manually on my Asus M5A99FX PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
have you tried raising the vcore, just the vcore two clicks then rebooting?

Yes. As I said, can neither raise nor lower the vcore without the issue happening. No matter the clock speed of the CPU.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, you were probably fortunate.

EVGA G2
Excellent quality. Best bang for the buck right now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N83U90740

Awesome, thanks. PSU is one of those things I don't mind upgrading since I can use it with any system.

That's the way I look at it too. :)

I was gonna mod my post to clarify, but you get it. Meaning I'm not gonna buy a new AM3+ board at this point just to get a few hundred MHz more but I'll gladly buy a good PSU knowing I can just use it in my next build, whatever that may be. And if it fixes the problem, great. If not, well, I've got a quality part.

Thanks again for the help.

Well, the new PSU (EVGA G2 850, as suggested by Mr.Scott) did not fix the issue. I can live with 4.2GHz for now.
And if I decide to reinstall Windows in the future, I may well find my problem fixed.

Try a different HDD for your winders install. Clone it, unplug it and try a different drive. (hopefully you don't have to buy one?)

Old thread, I know, but I'm the OP so I suppose an update is acceptable. I messed around today after having relegated myself to 4.2 on stock voltage for the past six months, and found that by setting the Digi+ VRM/POWER control (specifically the CPU and CPU/NB) settings to something besides Auto, I can now boot with manual voltage settings. Yay! I ran all day today on a 4.4GHz OC but found with Prime95 that my temps are just way too high, and are even marginal at my current 4.2 (only with Prime95) so now I'm off to find some better air cooling than my Hyper 212. Even in push-pull with Noctua fans, it's not very good. Going to water on my current case is not really appealing (HAF 912) so I'm gonna be looking for a beefier air cooler OR buying a new case and water cooling. I know, it's just an old FX-8320 but like the PSU I upgraded to, hopefully any new parts I throw into this build could serve me in a new build (Zen, I'm looking at you) in the future. Anyway, if this helps someone, great. If not, I finally have closure on the original issue.

hopefully any new parts I throw into this build could serve me in a new build (Zen, I'm looking at you) in the future. Anyway
Just a heads up.If you get into water now the block may not work on ZEN. From what I have been reading the new cooler holes will hav a slightly different spacing than the current AMD layout.

Glad you got it sorted out though. Good for you on not giving up.

Back