• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement for dying amp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Incendiary

I have a Dayton DTA-100a that I got in early 2012. I use it to push a pair of BIC America DV62si speakers and a pair of Ultrasone Pro-550 headphones. This is all driven from an ASUS Xonar D1 sound card.

It has served me pretty well for the past several years; however, over the last year or so the headphone jack started giving me issues and last night the sound started cutting in and out. The power LED also would dim and brighten as the sound fluctuated, so I assume my amp is on its last legs.

Could anyone give me some suggestions for a replacement compatible with the equipment I use? I don't want to go overboard as I mainly use the setup for casual music listening and gaming. I'm not an audiophile, but I do appreciate a good, clear sound.

Budget: $150 (unless there's a knockout for just a bit more)

Thanks!

Thanks for the link, and I think that's an interesting option. I looked at some Topping products before I bought the Dayton. Anyone use this personally and can give a review? I appreciate you guys' opinions; I bought my current audio setup based on suggestions here and have enjoyed it immensely. Is there anything similar with an analog volume control(rheostat) ? I like a nice knob (I know, I know)

Also, if it helps or makes a difference, I run a BIC America F12 sometimes.

Last edited:
Back