• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a little help with my GPUs.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dlaw

I'm trying to get a stable overclock on my cards. What I mean by stable is, I can run them at +250 core and +200 memory in Heaven for hours, as well as throw as many runs of Firestrike as I can at it without any issues at all. However, I fire up Rocket League and for whatever reason it crashes. Sometimes on the first match, and sometimes I can play for 4 hours without issue before it crashes. I can't figure it out, I have the voltage as high as it will go without throttling due to power limits, and temps never get above 45C on either card, even with IXTU's stress test running and Heaven looped for 2 hours. I've tried dropping both clocks back to 190/100 and still get these crashes.

Any ideas? Just bad clockers?

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm overclocking in the current version of EVGA's PrecisionX.

Last edited:
I might have it stable now, turned it back to 150/100, and it played for almost 20 minutes without issue. I'll do some more extensive testing later, but I'm still welcoming suggestions.

More informative thread title would be helpful... :)

Seems like you just were not stable for that game for whatever reason.

More informative thread title would be helpful... :)

Seems like you just were not stable for that game for whatever reason.

I do notice that RL seems to take more out of my system than just benchmarks, ~95% CPU and 99% on both GPUs pretty much the whole match. It's the only thing I can think of that would cause something like that, when I can't replicate it in benchmarks, or even IXTU/Heaven run at the same time.

Seems like your overclock is fine to me (not dud clockers). Just not stable for the game for whatever reason.

THread title still won't help anyone when searching. :p

I can't figure out how to change it, lol.

I've determined that +150/100 does what I want it to, so now I'm going to start dropping voltage and see how low I can get it.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured the title out. I'm just blind.

Back